BIOS video ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
My friend changed his video RAM allocated for his onboard graphics card to 0. Now the monitor is not starting up. (I guess his whole computer isn't). Anyway, how should I resolve this problem? will removing the CMOS censor chip reset the BIOS? Also, if I want to by a new battery for the board, what should I ask for at the watch shop? which size and stuff.

Thanks.
Milind

x10d

Broken In
ask for CR2032 costs 10-15 bucks (depends upon ur area)

its 3V Lithium battery.

ur problem shud get solved by removing ur existing battery for a while,

change ur battery for a new one only if ur system time is not getting updated with real time.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
I think taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back after some time shud reset the values to default ..
But plz wait for gurus to reply ..

-----
alibi

BEFORE u start ur comp, keep the F and J keys pressed. Keep pressing them, untill ur screen does'nt appear. U'll notice that these two keys are underlined on ur keyboard.

In case d screen doesnt come, remove n then replace ur CMOS batt.

swatkat

Technomancer
futuristically_ancient said:
BEFORE u start ur comp, keep the F and J keys pressed. Keep pressing them, untill ur screen does'nt appear. U'll notice that these two keys are underlined on ur keyboard.

In case d screen doesnt come, remove n then replace ur CMOS batt.
What??? :?: "screen doesnt appear" Please clarify?
Also,i think that notch/underlines below the keys F and J are for reference for touch typing and they have nothing to do with BIOS.

By the way,u have remove the battery and put it back after sometime or reset CMOS by using jumpers provided for it (refer motherboard manual).

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
The solution:
Just remove the CMOS Battery and everything was fine.

By the way, that pressing the F and J keys did not work.

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes,F and J keys are not related to BIOS.Bars below F an J keys are for reference only while typing as i mentioned earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom