Bios of ASUS A7V600-X corrupt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

navraj

Broken In
Hello Friends

I have a desktop with:

AMD 2400+ Athlon XP on an ASUS A7V600-X with NVidia MX-440 8X AGP.

Yesturday, using the BIOS update utility on the ASUS cd that came with my computer, I downloaded and flashed my BIOS. When I rebooted, however, all I got was a blank screen. No POST beep, nothing. The fans come on and that is it. I am assuming my BIOS is now corrupted. The manual states that my motherboard has:

CrashFree BIOS 2
The CrashFree BIOS 2 feature now includes the BIOS auto-recovery function in a support CD. Users can reboot their system through the support CD when a bootable disk is not available, and go through the simple BIOS auto-recovery process. ASUS motherboards now enable users to enjoy this protection feature without the need to pay for an optional ROM.

I, fortuately, backed up my bios before flashing it. I have put the ASUS CD in my computer and tried to reboot, but like I said all I get is a black screen. No display comes at all. Please help me what to do now.

Regards
Navraj Singh

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
just go to the Asus service centre, they will flash the correct bios in a jiffy !!
However, if u hav a AGP card, then u can plug it in & u WILL get the video ( & can then flash the correct bios thro dos)! the Beauty of Asus !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom