BIOS : Loading - slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
For some reason, the BIOS booting/load is taking more than 10 seconds, that is the BIOS screen (for me with "Intel" logo) stays for 10+ seconds.

a month ago, it used to be max. 3 seconds.

my PC config.

P4 (3.06GHz), 512x2 GB DDR2 RAM
m/b- Intel dg965WH
BIOS - Intel Corp.
version - MQ96510J.86A.1687.2007.0510.0258
(info from cpu-z)

there's a BIOS update available, but as i'm on dial-up , cant d/l it. :oops:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
It may be due to 56k modem/lan card/sound card or soem PCI devices or the system isn't abtl to share the driver IRQs efficiently. Try setting the h/w resource manually.
And also try changing the PCI slot of ur PCI devices.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Check the bios settings and enable "Quick boot" if available.Also if you don't want the Intel Logo just turn it off.If the problem still persists load fail safe defaults,and if it does not help reset the Bios.

Last disconnect after uninstalling any new hardware if you installed it recently and try to boot and see if the problem is solved.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
hmm.

i guess the PCI- 56k modem is the problem, when i was in b'lore i didnt hav this modem installed (as i was on BSNL UL900).

how to set the h/w resource manually.

& this modem is not getting auto-deteced by XP anymore (even after fersh XP install).
it used to, but only twice (i tried to install xp drivers, but it failed).

now i found the drivers, so i'm able to use the modem.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Try to install the modem on another PCI slot and see if it helps.
Setting hardware resources manually through Bios is really for much more advanced users and can cause serious problems if you mess up.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
First try changing the PCI slot of da modem. Me too is not very gud @ things like h/w IRQs. I once trued trial n error nd it did work greatly:p

Last edited:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
In my BIOS,there is an option for "Quick/Enhanced Hardware Check".When Quick is selected the Bios screen stays for about 1-2 secs. Under "Enhanced"
check,it takes about 30-40 secs to load.Check out some similiar setting in your BIOS.Someone must have inadvertendly changed it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
load optimal settings

It happens due to hardware, in my case dying HDD caused screen to remain for 10-20 seconds

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this time i re-seated the power cables (on m/b) & re-seated the Modem (again) & re-inserted the pen-drives.

now the slow loading BIOS prblm. has gone :D

thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom