Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Well,i was meddling with my bios settings,and unfortunately i disabled onboard vga.After i restarted,the pc boots and then sounds 1 2 sec beep.and three continous short beeps from the system speaker.And after that,there is no display at all.My monitor led keeps flickering continously,but nothing gets displayed on the screen.I can hear the floppy frive being accessed during normal bootup,and my harddisk led keeps flickering indicating that the OS is booting.But my monitor remaind blank as usual.

Now since my screen never displays anything,i cant change the bios settings to enable vga again.So the solution is to revert my bios settings to default.The solution my friend told me was to remove the cmos battery and then replace it again.This would cause the bios to revert back to its default settings.

Now my question is that will this work,and whether there might be any other viable solutions.Also will there be any repurcussions in my above stated procedure that i might do??

Plz give confident answers and not give me replies which might make me more messed up!!
batterey is soldiered on motherboard itself

thanx in advance for the help!!

chao

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Your friend is right. U may have to remove the battery to clear the cmos. If u have the mobo manual, there might be instructions on the correct procedure to reset the batery.

OP
R

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
siriusb said:
Your friend is right. U may have to remove the battery to clear the cmos. If u have the mobo manual, there might be instructions on the correct procedure to reset the batery.

hey i dont have a manual also

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
readermaniax said:
batterey is soldiered on motherboard itself

nope it is not. its usually the CR2032 coin type battery. a bit smaller in size than a re.1 coin. remove it with tweazers if it aint comming out. after removing, keep it aside for about 5 mins or so. then plug it in wid the same polarity and boot.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hey it's better to remove the CMOS Battery and leave it for 1-2mins and then insert it ...this will reset the BIOS...It is easy to remove the battery with the small screw driver or so try it...it is not soldered....

Netjunkie

In the zone
I dont think the battery is soldered to the mobo, maybe only the battery holder is soldered, just check it out.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
hi freind
dont mess up with battery
there is a jumper on ur motherboard
it is of very small size locate it
it is like a slider about 1cm long
just slide it andplace in position
after 5-6 secs
u r done

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
This is what I wanted him to look up in his manual. But since he can't find the manual and shorting the wrong jumpers is not a good thing to do, he may as well try removing the battery.

expertno.1

Technomancer
dont sort the wrong jumpers

just remove the battery or call the vendor.....and get a manual from him !!!!!!!1

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
exactly, unless he's sure of the jumper the safest workaround to this problem is to remove the battery for some time and plug it in again lest the wrong jumper is set and something more wierd happens!

hey dude, did u try it? also ensure that you get ur motherboard manual from ur vendor.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
which motherboard do you have??????????
u can check the manual of it on the manufacture's
site
pls give the motherboard name so that i may futher
help u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom