BIOS Corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinzeus

Right off the assembly line
i have a amd64 3000+ with a MSI Neo K8-N mobo.
the graphics card onboard is a S3 unichrome II.
the screen gets filled with artifacts(corrupt) if i DONT set the graphics hardware acceleration in windows to MINIMUM.
i thought the BIOS had something to do wid it but when i flashed the bios with new ver. frm MSI there was power failure and now the system wont boot!!! the cd-rom drive's led keeps on flashing...thats all!!

need help urgently!!
so many problems my pc seems jinxed!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
now u have damaged ur bios !
and i think u cannot claim for it again as it is clearly wrtten in msi bios flash that MSI is not responsible for any damage due to the bios flashing

so contact the vendor and get a new one !

Biplav

In the zone
Yes. u cant claim for warranty. Bad luck.
But hadnt u sen that it was clearly mentioned that there should be a proper electric supply else damage can be done??? Wat happened to ur ups?

I am 100% sure that the company or dealer wont give u a new motherboard replacement as u have voided the contract unless and until u fool them (which would be a new discovery).
so try ur luck and go and fool the dealer.
Best of luck!!

D

dinesh_singh

if u need to fool the dealer pm me i will provide u some fullproof ideas which i tried for myself....
and i think now a days mobo comes with crash free bios...dont ur mobo supports this feature....

saROMan

QA Juggler
well bro.....to falsh a Bios w/out Proper Power supply..means total Disaster....as told by others the Vorrenty is Void now..so unless u come up with some Good explenation ur chances to get replacement r rare....i have heard that there are some bios which can b reverted to previous state thru h/w settings..plz bribe ;) the engg of ur vendor ..or ask here for more info...to get more help on it..also..as u donn have any other option...try to updating/flashin the bios again(With Proper Power Backup)..though chances r 1 in a Million..but still worth a try.....

shyam911

Journeyman
saROMan said:
i have heard that there are some bios which can b reverted to previous state thru h/w settings..plz bribe ;) the engg of ur vendor ..or ask here for more info...to get more help on it..also..as u donn have any other option...try to updating/flashin the bios again(With Proper Power Backup)..though chances r 1 in a Million..but still worth a try.....

Yup u have to agree on that. Tough Luck. As saROMan said there are vendors who can revert mobos to original state. (For certain models only) and those guys are few in number. But it is possible, give it a try. And keep ur fingers crossed

anupamsinha

Broken In
Hi sachinzeus

First try with the your vendor he probably will replace it. If thats not the case go to a place which repair mobo and get a new bios chip for your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom