Bios Checksum Error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak_vsoni

Broken In
When ever i boot my system i get the following error...
Award Bios 1......
BIOS Checksum Error.

Detecting Floppy disk drive...

i am unable to alter my bios settings and boot my system.
Can anybody tell the solution to this error?

rkb2005

Broken In
Even if you do any changes in BIOS,after restarting it reverts back to default. Am I right? then,
Your comp's battery life has ended. Put a new battery and try again.
This is avery common problem in which the bios reverts back to default and detects all your drives and other h/w settings each time u start ur machine.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
The main problem is with ur battry. Replace it. Also see that the battry is inserted properly. When i was small i didn't know which side will go where.

varungupta17

Broken In
Replace the cmos battery. Then update bios. This should solve ur computers problem and also make ur computer upgradable*, reliable and stable..

*- if ur computer is not old than 4 yrs

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Its a co-incidence????????
I faced same problem yesterday!!!

I flashed my Award BIOS and also moded it using some s/w and when I restarted the system, it gave same ERROR:

BIOS checksum ERROR

and asked the system floppy.

What I did attached my HDD to nother comp, coz the backuped file of my BIOS and the flash utility were saved on my HDD.
So i copied all those 2 files into a win 98 bootable floppy and booted my system using that floppy and reflashed my BIOS again.

And VOILLA my system started again working properly.

So I think u hv also flashed ur BIOS?

PS: It contains nothing to do with CMOS battery, coz u recevie CMOS checksum ERROR message at that time not BIOS checksum ERROR :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom