BINGO! Installing IE7 in Vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I tried a quite marvelous idea of installing IE7 in Vista via standalone installer from microsoft download center. I knew I cant succeed but I am amazed with the error message there. :D Just check it,

*img168.imageshack.us/img168/2031/vistaie7notsupportedkg6.jpg

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
IE7 comes pre installed on vista. why you need to install it again??
And you cant uninstall IE completely from windows OS..because it is internal part of windows OS.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
but its a valid point... the installer should check the windows and use message like You already have updated version of IE7 installed :)

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
IE7 comes pre installed on vista. why you need to install it again??
And you cant uninstall IE completely from windows OS..because it is internal part of windows OS.

I just wanted to see how windows vista responds to this installation process. :D I thought it would show "IE7 already installed". But instead it showed different thing that is useless and funny. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
FUD

windows does not provide a Vista installer for IE7 ;)

*www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

versions are available for:

XP SP2
XP Pro 64bit
Server 2003 SP1 & SP2
Server 2003 x64
Server 2003 ia64

*img301.imageshack.us/img301/3145/etretic8.jpg

so what u have is not supported by vista the operating system u are trying to install it on .... so windows is right in telling u that it is not supported on this OS because it is not meant for that version .... ;) please double check :)

in other words it is not useless and not funny :)

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
FUD

windows does not provide a Vista installer for IE7 ;)

*www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/ie/getitnow.mspx

versions are available for:

XP SP2
XP Pro 64bit
Server 2003 SP1 & SP2
Server 2003 x64
Server 2003 ia64

*img301.imageshack.us/img301/3145/etretic8.jpg

so what u have is not supported by vista the operating system u are trying to install it on .... so windows is right in telling u that it is not supported on this OS because it is not meant for that version .... ;) please double check :)

in other words it is not useless and not funny :)
I knew that information.

iMav has made a valid point.
Look dudes, I know many of the things reveal when someone do a research with the backlogs, but I just wanted to show the screen shot and that screen shot is not telling a real thing apparently :D

Someone who just watch the screenshot without doing so much research will just confuse and I wanted to show it as a confusing thing. :D

I think many people thought that I am saying that Vista sucks and also pointing to a flaw of Vista. It is not that; just stating a confusing display. :D

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
why do people have such a hard time understanding gags and similar stuff without going PHD on its ass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom