.Bin Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

capri435

Broken In
Hi,all.Does anyone know about .bin files.I have come accross a number of .bin files specially through torrents.They are basically cd images.I wanna know why the size of these files are bigger than the extracted files.Its really huge difference sometimes close to 100Mb.I was just wondering than whats the use since they make the download a lot bigger.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do things dat u fear coz den u'll hav an attitude in life like "Seen it all Done it all".Whats d big deal.Huh!!!

eddie

El mooooo
.bin files are always associated with a .cue file. This bin/cue pair is created by using programs like cdrwin and are exact copy of an original CD. The size of the .bin file is larger then extracted files because it is not supposed to be extracted. It is supposed to be burned on a CD and it holds other recovery information so that the CD does not get corrupted while burning. This recovery information which cannot be extracted, enlarges the file size.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
eddie said:
.bin files are always associated with a .cue file. This bin/cue pair is created by using programs like cdrwin and are exact copy of an original CD. The size of the .bin file is larger then extracted files because it is not supposed to be extracted. It is supposed to be burned on a CD and it holds other recovery information so that the CD does not get corrupted while burning. This recovery information which cannot be extracted, enlarges the file size.

He is absolutely right and u can use it by mounting cue file associated with it in Demon Tools/Alcohol

OP
C

capri435

Broken In
Thanx alot.I hav found that even if sometimes the cue files is missing u can extract the bin file using Isobuster

varungupta17

Broken In
nishant_nms said:
eddie said:

He is absolutely right and u can use it by mounting cue file associated with it in Demon Tools/Alcohol

Cd donot contain any recovery information.. Actually the actual capacity of a normal cd is not 703 mb as shown by windows. :eek:

A cd has some parts on which user cannot write ANYTHING. It is used for copyprotection by companies... |A cd can contain some info or proctection or file (written by companies during pressing process) and windows cannot read it directly... Hence some times when u copy the visible file a software or game refuses to work and when inserted cd or mounted the image it works.... :eek:

The region can be read only by special software (which i will not mention for legal reasons) and not by NERO BURNING ROM OR ANY ORDINANRY SOFTWARE..... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom