Beware of Cracks for Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Malware makers are starting to take advantage of the number of users searching for cracks for the pirated copies of Vista floating around.

A new download has started circulating around the crack boards called "Windows Vista All Versions Activation 21.11.06". It purports to be an activation crack for any version of Vista.

However, the file is actually a trojan-carrier which will install Trojan-PSW.Win32.LdPinch.aze onto your PC.

BitTorrent users who posted reviews of the crack said that a number of antivirus programs detected the malware, though Norton AntiVirus and NOD32 did not.

In an interview about the Windows Vista installation process, and the ease with which administrators can pre-install software into a Vista install DVD, Microsoft Australia's John Pritchard warned that pirated copies of Vista could easily come with malware preinstalled.

"I would certainly recommend when people are looking at any content they make sure they have the approved and hologrammed DVDs to make sure they’re dealing with the genuine product, to get away from not knowing where the source comes from. If they have control of the unattended installation and built it themselves then hopefully they know what they are putting on it."

More here-> full interview

Source: apc mag

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

They are cracks that works. I have checked few of them. It works great.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
thunderbird.117 said:
They are cracks that works. I have checked few of them. It works great.
I dont know why but I am ROFLMAO again.What can I say-Thank you for taking pains and doing a great thing for the welfare o the world

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
M'Zoft trying to scare the crowd by name of Trozens & spywares. Things are already out and working. Their agents are available everywhere. May be some trying to exploit the situation by injecting trojans, but that is up to you, not to aloow then. The actual and working procedure, do not involve any exe and it is mere replacing & editing some files and then activating with the key which MZ has given it for RC1.

Don't worry. Lay your hands.

anandk

Distinguished Member
being discusd here too *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42863&highlight=vista+crack ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom