Better?: Nokia 5700 or N70ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

awestriker

Broken In
Hi,
I want to purchase a new cell and I have a budget strictly under 12K. Not a penny over that. After going through threads and posts I am now confused beween Nokia5700 and N70ME and SE W810i :confused: .

Can anyone please suggest me which one to go for, or if there are any alternatives which are of the same class :neutral: ?

And if someone from Chennai, then it will be better if he/she can suggest which stores gives good exchange offers and a decent discount on the mobile phones. I know of Univercell, Wavetel, Poorvika, MobileStore etc. But which one gives you the complete satisfaction and better value for money :?: ?

Thanks in advance, for spending sometime and providing me vital suggestions :) .
Regards,
A w e :)

Last edited:
OP
A

awestriker

Broken In
@ krazyfrog.
Thx for the reply :) . U have posted the price of 5700 as 12K. Is the price as of today same 12K, or has there been any price drop?

prankie

D PrankMaster
N73ME has better camera....
but 5700 has better processor,and newer o/s (symbian v9.2)
music quality of both are quiet similar.... but n73me comes with better bundeled earphones....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
strike off the n70me from ur list. if u want an autofocus cam wid macromode and can live widout symbian get w810, otherwise n5700. as simple as that :)

assasin

Banned
5700>>>>>>>>>>>>>>N70ME

@prankie Nokia quotes that 5700 has a369MHz proccy which is higher than N73ME which has a 206MHz proccy.buy software shows that 5700 has a 192Mhz proccy.so cant be sure whether 5700 has a better proccy or not.

reddick

Mobile Freak
5700 got gud music,higher OS9.2,strong build,gr8 headphones,more memory n comparitable cam :rolleyes: I think this is enough 4 u :D Go 4 5700 dude!

nikhilpai

Techans
Only negative about the 5700 is its looks. Its cool for college going people....its too jazzy....not for those working.

amit_arya

Broken In
nikeel said:
Only negative about the 5700 is its looks. Its cool for college going people....its too jazzy....not for those working.

Buddy I also felt the same ... if u see the red one it looks jazzy... but black one looks sobber.... see it ur self .. black one is a decent phone and does not look that jazzy...

OP
A

awestriker

Broken In
Hi,
@assasin: Thank you for you color suggestion. I didn't knew it.
@Tech Genius: Hmm buddy. Pretty diplomatic.Ofcourse symbian, is what I will prefer. I can load those juicy, naughty bluetooth sofwtarer ;). Thx for ur suggestion.
@aks_win: Kudos for your one liner. Defines it all.
@amit_arya: Good color comparision. Whaddya say abt brown, bro?
@pathiks: Thx for ur suggestion bro.
@prankie: Thank you for your suggestion and comparision betwn N73ME.
@infra_red_dude: Thx for the information.
@reddick: Yup, I second you. I am going for it.
@dreamzchm: Yeah dude, I am going for it.
@Cool G5:Appreciate ur time and suggestion.
@nikeel: Thats ok nikeel. I can compromise on the loks. But its kind of funky.

Many many thanks to each one of you. I appreciate your willingness to come forward and answer my query. I feel like a dumbo now, of asking such a simple question. Anyway, I am going for Nokia5700 tomorrow itself, and even will check out the new brown color.

Thanks a tonz once again.

Chow,
A w e :)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
heyy wait sec i did not see that w810i in your consideration list !! i thought u were asking between n70me and 5700...sorry

if u want auto focus ( not available in 5700 )great camera and music that brings ipod to its knees then w810i is the way to go....but u miss powerful symbian OS !!

oh yes u also get good qual speakers.....yeah but anyway dont worry 5700 is still a hell of phone
since u see w810i has its own list of downers

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64295

here come more confusion.........lolzz
but dude go for 5700 anyway !!! it only losses auto focus !! w810i has no a2dp and biggest of all its not symbian and smallscreen and low resolution old walkman player 1 and slower compared to w610i and also not slim no dedicated procy for music etc etc

yes dont forget to buy Creative EP 630 for 1000-1500 Rs . Great pair of earphones....this should complete your search for a excellent music player ! camera ?? i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom