Best webcam under 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i wanna buy a new webcam and my budget is 5000. i would prefer solutions from logitech or creative. 4 creative cams, pls tell me the location of a dealer in south mumbai.

go4inet

In the zone
well.. ! I got my New Logitech cam which costed me around 4500 and its thebest one too ! Let me get you the model ! I have not fixed it yet !

anusoni

Broken In
well i tried all cams and i ended up with a frontech 2.1 MP digital camera for 4K and well its WebCam quality seems better than any dedicated web cam i've seen and it can hold 30ish pictures, plus movie clips(it has an Somekind of Ram CARD). Only downside is looks and well it dosen't have an LCD on the back for preview of Digital Images stored on it!

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well u c, i dont care much abt the digi-cam aspect of a web cam. my parents will b using it 2 chat with me and that's abt it. how abt the logitech clicksmart 310/510?

anusoni

Broken In
Nemesis said:
well u c, i dont care much abt the digi-cam aspect of a web cam. my parents will b using it 2 chat with me and that's abt it. how abt the logitech clicksmart 310/510?
youre missing the point , i tried clicksmart but was disappointed in the quality of the video, infact i tried all web cams and all them had not too good quality, so when i tried this frontech thing as a web cam, the quality surpassed every web cam i tried...so i bought this...

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i c. but u c, as i said, quality really isnt the issue here-i just dont wanna b stuck with some cheap cam that does nothing. well, i will check it out. thanx 4 ur advice

hthite

Right off the assembly line
I don't get the point. U want a web cam or a digital cam to replace your ordinary camera? If you want just a web cam, why waste so much money? You can get decent web cams - Samsung Anycam, IBM, Logitech for around 1500/-

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
yeah i have seen them-logitech cams seem better. i dont want a digi cam-if it comes along with a web cam, i will take it. how abt the logitech quick cam messenger? do these cheap cams offer decent quality?

devil666

Broken In
Logitech quickcam messenger is a very good choice. i've it. the framerate even on a dialup connection seems really good. i sugggest u get it. i got it as a gift from a friend. so i dont know the exact price of the cam. u can even record videos with it. there is a delayed snap. u can program the cam to take a picture after a few seconds. so u can keep those hands free. and then mine even comes with a mic. i've seen a few creative cams but they dont seem any better. get a logitech one. u will be happy.

devil666

Broken In
Logitech quickcam messenger is a very good choice. i've it. the framerate even on a dialup connection seems really good. i sugggest u get it. i got it as a gift from a friend. so i dont know the exact price of the cam. u can even record videos with it. there is a delayed snap. u can program the cam to take a picture after a few seconds. so u can keep those hands free. and then mine even comes with a mic. i've seen a few creative cams but they dont seem any better. get a logitech one. u will be happy.

OP
N

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well, i checked out da logitech quick cam messenger but there were black horizontal lines moving across da video. da guy at da shop said that this happens with all cheap cams. what abt ur cam?
actually i am so confused! on da 1 hand, i want a simple, easy 2 use cam and on da other hand, da poor quality of da cheaper cams is making me think again and again.

devil666

Broken In
Nemesis said:
well, i checked out da logitech quick cam messenger but there were black horizontal lines moving across da video. da guy at da shop said that this happens with all cheap cams. what abt ur cam?
actually i am so confused! on da 1 hand, i want a simple, easy 2 use cam and on da other hand, da poor quality of da cheaper cams is making me think again and again.

oops.. sorry i completely forgot abt this post. you must've got ur cam alrady right? but there were no black lines on my cam. i use it on yahoo and msn and it seems grt. its a little grainy if u r going for 640X480 picture but at smaller resolutions.. the cam is too good. if u are uploading the videos, it will automatically convert them wmv format from the avi format. i dont know... which one u saw but this one is an import from US. i dont see why should there be a difference if the model is same right? anyways, i hope u made the right choice.

G

gxsaurav

Nemesis said:

Those black lines are not due to the cams fault

Problem with webcam even if not using with messanger is that Logitech Webcam will work if U have enough light in front of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom