Best Upgrade Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

d

Journeyman
Right now, I have an Athlon64 3200+, 512 MB of DDR RAM and a geforce fx5200. My priority for now is playing need for speed most wanted. To keep spending on a minimum, do u think i should upgrade the RAM or the video card? the RAM is obv cheaper n the video card(if necessary) i'll get a 6600 or at the most the GT. So is it worth it?Which is more essential for MW?

second point is - my current RAM is PC2700, installed on the first slot. Can I install another 512 MB of PC3200 RAM? Will it cause a conflict?

Also, for first prob, cld u give me the basis for ur opinions?

thnx in advance!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
512 is Ok for now i guess coz very few games demand full 256 MB at most... Go for a GT if budget permits, it will surely boost the game's speed as u have the 3200+ to complement it...

Try as far as u can to keep the memories of a same frequency.. rarely problems occur but then too.. it may create probs some time or the other...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
it is advisable not to use a different frequency.. and as maniac suggested go in for a 6600 GT if u can.. 512 MB ram is enuff as on day..

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if NFS:MW is where ur gamin needs ends

then i dont think u need a gt

go for a 6600 non gt (5.5k)
and buy new DDR400 RAM = 1 gb (4.5k)

this will put u in good stead for vista ....

and they will come the same price as the single 6600gt (11k+)

G

gxsaurav

hmm, for NFS -MW only, get a Geforce 6200 non ultra with 128 MB RAM, AGP or PCI depending on your motherboard, 512 should sufice at 800X600, but if your budget allowes get 1 GB RAM

OP
D

d

Journeyman
mmm.....i was just chkin out the sites for the 6200 when i noticed it has something called "turbocache" which apparently shares system memory with the graphics memory....wonder if the 6200 coupled with some 1 gb of system memory would be able to beat the 6600? or even the 6600GT?

that said, i'm a bit outdated on the latest cards....which is the bestEST card available for less than 10 k? i'm talkin abt agp, of course

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
^^^

i dont know where u got tht piece of info

but no matter wht a 6200 cant beat a 6600gt

and i insist u look at wat i told earlier

and in terms of pure GFX cards for 10k

the best u can get is a XFX geforce 6600gt - 256mb -- AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom