BEST TROJAN or WORM SCANNER??

Status
Not open for further replies.

leech

Broken In
Does anyone have any idea about which would be the best
Trojan and worm scanner and fixer.

I have norton 2004 but just want to check if there is any other software better than that. Also is it really necessary to install something else if you have norton anti virus???

OP
L

leech

Broken In
spybot is good and the remaining also what you said are good. but then they are not able to catch all spyware or trojans like the very powerful Boss EveryWare. I heard that only xcleaner can clean that keylogger. Actually there is no one spyware or trojan software that can clean them all.

G

leech said:
Does anyone have any idea about which would be the best
Trojan and worm scanner and fixer.

I have norton 2004 but just want to check if there is any other software better than that. Also is it really necessary to install something else if you have norton anti virus???

I use Symantec Corporate Anti Virus ver 9 and I think this is really good.

There is a nice freeware Trojan/Virus/Worm scanner from McAfee named Stinger check it out here...

*vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

They update Stinger often so keep checking for latest versions.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Another vote for Stinger ..
and you should try Panda too .. its second only to Norton ...
*www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

super_ferrari

Broken In
I used to like Norton but now it sux. Norton is the best Anti-Virus software but then it goofs when it scans any program packed with Bart's FSG(fast small good) packer. One of the best free packers. And yes it's misused to pack viruses. And when Norton finds a clean program packed with FSG it gives you a false alarm "Bloodhound.W32.EP" :roll: ...wow and it's the best AV..lol..Symantec and thier $hit AV..it's a fault in thier heuristics and they can't fix it :roll:

Regards,

G

yes yes yeshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why dont u use The Cleaner?

get it frm
Code:
www.moosoft.com

[deXter]

Journeyman
I used to like Norton but now it sux. Norton is the best Anti-Virus software but then it goofs when it scans any program packed with Bart's FSG(fast small good) packer. One of the best free packers. And yes it's misused to pack viruses. And when Norton finds a clean program packed with FSG it gives you a false alarm "Bloodhound.W32.EP" Rolling Eyes ...wow and it's the best AV..lol..Symantec and thier $hit AV..it's a fault in thier heuristics and they can't fix it

Like I can say the exact same thing about the AV that you use ferrari.. Remember? dex_daschund ?? ;) ;)

super_ferrari

Broken In
[deXter said:
]

Like I can say the exact same thing about the AV that you use ferrari.. Remember? dex_daschund ?? ;) ;)

:lol: hi dexy,
I knew you wud say that but then Norton is big software. The FSG problem was submitted to Norton but they have admitted that they can't fix it. On the contrary some russians groups have already made a tool that hides FSG from Norton :lol:
And I won't mind AVG giving me false alarms. After all its free but what about Norton ? :p

[EDIT] And the most funniest part is that the Author BArt send them the tutorial on unpacking his latest release i.e FSG 2.0 coz they cudn't unpack it :lol:

Regards,

medpal

Medic on Call!!
norton av is good but a little heavy on resources.

avg is good free av software.

you need additional security than that.

firewall : ZA free, Sygate personal

spyware removal : spybot S & D, Adaware

keep these 4 updated and you are very much secure.

right now i am trying zone alarm security suite with av it is good, fast and thorough as good as norton, but takes a hell lot of time to startup.

aadipa

Padawan
wanna check ur system's firewall
then visit

*grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

check for common ports and messenger spam

aadipa

Padawan
NIS users (or any other firewall) please visit

*grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

check for common ports and messenger spam

do put ur results here

btw u should desable access to port 135 to everyone. only trusted IPs, like ur friends in LAN who won't harm u, should be allowed to access it

i am posting it again because it is important about ur security

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Nobody advised Nod32 yet ..???
*www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

and try Panda Titanium tooo ..
*www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom