best strategy game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

shashank_digitreader said:
AOE 3!, nothing stands before it.

lool. It is one of the worst game ever played. Go and play this three following games

1. Company of Heroes.
2. Act of War:High Treason
3. Warhammer 40,000:- Dark Crusade

and when you finish playing. Let me know how those three games stand with AOE 3.

Age of Empires was very good game before, But now it stand nothing next to other RTS such has those three on the list.

When supreme commander gets released it will own all RTS. I dont know if you have heard of Total Annihilation.

x7r3m3

Right off the assembly line
Aok is best ever
Talkin about other games is blasphemy
nothing compares to aok multiplayer gameplay

T

thunderbird.117

x7r3m3 said:
Aok is best ever
Talkin about other games is blasphemy
nothing compares to aok multiplayer gameplay

What do mean by talking other games is blasphemy?

Do you know the meaning of blasphemy?.

@amitava82
u will think agian if u hav played company of heroes in a good comp
it rocks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

shadow slayer 2007 said:
@amitava82
it rocks!!!!!!!!!

Well command&conquer is father of all RTS. Company of heroes can not be compared with C&C but it can be compared with Age of Empires.

amitava82

MMO Addict
shadow slayer 2007 said:
@amitava82
it rocks!!!!!!!!!

i think u should compare the game in terms of game-play n elements inside it not by the graphics. look at the game how many cool ideas it has - many cool units, hi tech weapons, building, time machine, weather machines n lots more... i really dont like the kind of game-play AOE has. i rater like science-fic kinda RTS.

And i do agree Company of Heroes is one of the best RTS games in the market now. but i dint get a chance to play it. i'll definetly give it a shot. but i do believe (and hope everyone will agree with me) that when C & C 3 comes out all other RTS games will be washed off by its force..:D

MDK

you didnt even mention STARCRAFT, the grandaddy of all rts games
also what about warcraft? or tiberian sun?

OP
bkpeerless

bkpeerless

In the zone
aoe hos many feature which many games lack
simle to play, goodstory,decent grafix, doesnot requir high end pc.

T

thunderbird.117

bkpeerless said:
aoe hos many feature which many games lack
simle to play, goodstory,decent grafix, doesnot requir high end pc.

Can you tell me what type of features?.

One more thing. Games should be looked into gameplay first, then graphics, then features.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
my gawd has this topic been done to death or what...geez..I have seen 3 threads on the same. Everyone has their opinions on the gameplay blah blah. There are so many sub categories in Strategy in itself and plenty are king in their own!

Space - starcraft, Homeworld 2 (If you havent played this then do not even knock it...I havent met a true Stratgey player that does not love homeworld...its unique..and none has come close to it)

War based Strategy - Shogun series (how can anyone discontinue a game that offers thousands of army sizes!! sheers gameplay is awesome!)

Economics based - Ceasar series this just got better with Ceasar 4.

Some of the legends in this genre - AOE2 (played it, still play it amazing...it has all the elements of RTS in the right proportions) Starcraft & Command & Conquer series and no one has mentioned Warcraft series...now who wants to talk grand daddy of RTS huh ! So peace out..play it and have fun!

MDK

and no one has mentioned Warcraft series...now who wants to talk grand daddy of RTS huh ![/quote]

(ahem)

and if you are talking about team coordination then DotA would be right up there as well

salman

well very unfortunate that there i not a even a mention of legendary games like civilization series which for its sheer addictivness and depyh of stategy is amazing . where are tiles like eouropa universalis , total war series , and rise of nations

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Anyone here played the Dune series? Dune, Dune 2, Dune 2000, and Emperor: Battle for Dune were sweet stuff, and Dune's definitely up there as one of the grand-daddies. Pretty old game.

And Supreme Commander, Total Annhilation and Spore are gonna BLOW the rest, no competition. I just wish I had a rig that could support them *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom