Best Spyware, ad blocker/ internet security software? which?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
Hi ppl,
Been reading a lot of articles about how various tojans and spyware software attacks your computer. I've been meaning to buy/download one of these softwares off the internet to act as a blocker/firewall etc.
Since most of them are 50-60$ wanna know which is a good bet and if anyone is currently using which is it? and how satisfied are you with it.............some of which i have checked out are spyware doctor, adware, norton internet security and countless others.......

Also is anyone using a registry cleaner. Tell me if it is really usefull and why do we need it?
Thanks
PS. If this thread already exists please tell me and i will not post in this anymore.

ujjwal

Padawan
Threads like these do exist ... anyway ...

Anti Spyware (use em all)

Spybot S&D
Adaware
Spyware blaster

Firewalls (use just 1)

Zonealarm
Kerio personal firewall
Sygate
Outcast

Registry cleaner (using more than 1 isnt likely to help)

MS Regclean
Easycleaner

All are available for free. BTW, registry cleaners are useful, as windows doesn't handle the registry too well ... even after software is uninstalled, its entries are present in the registry. This registry is loaded into memory on startup, so the bigger it is the slower your system. Thats why a fresh formatted system performs faster.

sting

Journeyman
here's 9 free personal firewalls, all rated for you to choose from

*www.snapfiles.com/freeware/security/fwfirewall.html

rajat22

In the zone
Hi,
I am trying all the above mentioned stuffs again & again.
So my opinion may be different.
Try with full cofidence
1. Zone Alarm or Zone Alarm Pro
2. BPS Spyware remover.
3. Registry First Aid.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Additionally you can use a "hosts" file, which is very powerful...Get more info here *webpages.charter.net/hpguru/hosts/hosts.html

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
just use a combination of Spybot SnD 1.3 and Javacool SpywareBlaster - no hassles, no nags, no memory hogging, highly efficient and best of all, totally free.... u dont have to use AdAware and other tools if u have these two s/w's installed on ur system.... :)

ashisharya

In the zone
Best Spyware

Which is the best anti-spyware software?? My computer automatically open webste- :cry:

*kpremium.com

Plz help me that how can I stop this website opening automatically. I put this website in the Restricted Sites but is not working.

:(

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
there are hundreds of threads over spywares ..
search the forum u'll get loads of links ..

ayways .. the best anti spywares softwares are
Ad Aware
Spybot Search and Destroy

-----
alibi

allindrome

Journeyman
It is supposed to be the best anti-spyware software. I suppose nobody over here would be interested in helping you in finding the best spyware.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Microsoft Anti Spyware
Ad Aware

Was using this ad aware till MS anti spyware came, which rulez my system....

perk_bud

Journeyman
1>spysweeper
2>ad-aware
3>webroot's spysweeper
4>giant(microsoft) still in beta stage

use a combination of all of the above coz what one tool can catch the other can't.

swatkat

Technomancer
Check my siggy :wink:
Apart from those, u use Spyware Blaster which prevents certain Spywares from installing and Spyware Guard which is a real time spyware monitor.
Best of all, all these tools are free.

tuxfan

Technomancer
The title of the thread says Best Spyware :shock: So entered out of curiosity :D and found out that its about anti-spyware :lol:

Anyway, I think Spybot Search and Destroy is the best. Its free and regular updates are also available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom