Best quality music for Nokia Nseries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Which is the best quality audio file format for nokia Nseries devices....
.aac or .m4a

recently i copied/converted some mp3 files 2 my N82...but some files were not converted/copied resulting an error msg dat "the following files were not converted because either they r already in following file format or their file type is not supported" :mad:

so, i need an m4a or aac converter software for converting the mp3's :cool:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Don't convert your mp3s to either aac or m4a!! You'll just be deteriorating the quality further. You can convert to these formats only when you are compressing uncompressed or lossless media, like Audio CD's, etc. Never ever convert one lossless format to another, even if the final format is superior. It won't do any good.

Just use your mp3s the way they are. They have already lost some of their details when they were first compressed. That lost detail cannot be regained, no matter which format you convert it to.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Don't convert your mp3s to either aac or m4a!! You'll just be deteriorating the quality further. You can convert to these formats only when you are compressing uncompressed or lossless media, like Audio CD's, etc. Never ever convert one lossless format to another, even if the final format is superior. It won't do any good.

Just use your mp3s the way they are. They have already lost some of their details when they were first compressed. That lost detail cannot be regained, no matter which format you convert it to.

U r ryt..but how can copy huge mp3 files (8-10MB) in a 2GB card...it will accomodate less songs..if i directly copy them...:mad:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
U r ryt..but how can copy huge mp3 files (8-10MB) in a 2GB card...it will accomodate less songs..if i directly copy them...:mad:

Oh. I assumed you had the regular 128 kbps mp3s. If they are 8-10 mb in size then they are high bitrate files. In that case there isn't too much harm in compressing them. You can convert them to either aac or m4a. I don't think there is any perceptible difference between them.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
aac and m4a are just containers.. The format is MPEG4.. Both are one and the same thing.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Oh. I assumed you had the regular 128 kbps mp3s. If they are 8-10 mb in size then they are high bitrate files. In that case there isn't too much harm in compressing them. You can convert them to either aac or m4a. I don't think there is any perceptible difference between them.

Ya..but what software 2 use...coz i have problem with some files in PC suite...:grin:
or u have some encoder/decoder gyan then tell me if .m4a encoder is available or not :cool:

moshel

Padawan
download super from erightsoft, it will work for each and every conversion need of yours whether its audio or video.

and its totally free....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom