Best Play Station DVD Emulator ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
First of all, wrong section to post this question. This belongs to the Gamerz section. Next, to answer your question, no PS2 emulator out there can do a good job and the graphics will totally stutter, splutter, cough and generally make your PS2 game on your PC a miserable experience. If you're looking at a PSOne emulator, there's nothing better than Bleem.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well the topic has been discussed to death till now.Plzzz do search before posting.Also No current emulator is available that Properly runs Commercial PS2 DVD games.Even if they do run the frame rates are possibly very low ruining the very experience of the game.One such in development emulator is PCSX2 (the successor of Pcsx which was for playstation One console) Check it out here at www.pcsx2.net

@enoo....I guess Epsxe is better than Bleem.Try it out sometimes.The Frame rates and Graphics Enhancements are simply awesome :wink:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@allwyndlima: Thanks, I will, but why bother with an emulator when I can play it straight on the PS2. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
bleem is nothing compared to epsxe . epsxe is highly configurable and advanced. bleem is good for newbies , if any one has not tried epsxe pls do, its awsome .

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
They have been in that Beta version long enough. I guess most of the people have lost of hope of ever seeing a working, stable PS2 emulator that doesn't show any of the characteristics that Prof spke about.

vysakh

Padawan
well, is there a real PS2 emulator???
i have seen and heard about only PS1 emulators and have tried epsxe on PS1 CDs and they have worked. I tried on a PS2 DVD but no chance

T

Tux

To paly a PS2 game u shd have a high PC config.
It would cost less to buy PS2 then to install
the high end gfx crds and RAMS.

anshul

Journeyman
PS2 emulator

See even I am looking for such an emulator. I even downloaded the emulator. But there is one big problem : ---- the bios :oops: . You cannot get a bios on the internet as it is a copyrited material from sony :twisted: . As I learned from a PS2 guide, :idea: you need to dump it from an original PS2 and how to do that, even I dont know. If you know do tell me. :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@tux....well no specific config is specified fully for emulating the PS2 games yet and so we cant tell if we need An extreme high end config to run its games.....So until the Emulator itself becomes stable and enters its full phase of completion then only can we tell what Kinda PC specs would be required :wink:

@anshul....ummm....well even if u insert the bios file i dun suppose u will get any improvement in the emulators performance as such but it is just required to Start up the emulator which is again an illegal operation as the Bios (SCPH10000.BIN and ROM1.BIN) file are sony's properitary Files(and as per law using this file without owning the original console is Breaching the copyright Law)....So well dun feel free to ask for it out here pal :wink: As anything illegal aint allowed out here :D

domin8r

Journeyman
enoonmai said:
First of all, wrong section to post this question. This belongs to the Gamerz section. Next, to answer your question, no PS2 emulator out there can do a good job and the graphics will totally stutter, splutter, cough and generally make your PS2 game on your PC a miserable experience. If you're looking at a PSOne emulator, there's nothing better than Bleem.

I beg to disagree, dude. You're definitely right about the PS2 emulator bit. But as far as PSX emus go, no one can beat ePSXe. Bleem is neither free, nor does it support as many games as the former. Just a thought. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom