Best Note Book in 40k

Status
Not open for further replies.

leenus2b

Broken In
Hi all ,
Can u guide me in picking good configuration in Note Books around 40k

I heard Compaq is good.....both serviceing and perfomence........
wat u say.........!!

leenus

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Look for models in HP (Pavilion and Compaq), Lenovo and Dell Inspiron. HP and Lenovo have better reputation for service, HP has value for money laptops, Dell have good laptops with good looks and rugged build. You'll have to look around to find one which suits you best and don't buy in a hurry, take your time evaluating the laptops.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I am too thinking of buying a laptop in n arnd the range...

I am thinking of buying DELLL or Acer laptops.. I feel this are value for money and better do... wen compared to Sony vaio basic laptops which starts at 50,000...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I got HP-CompaqC303 for 39,000 on Dec 7, 2006. U can check one of those.

~ Intel Core Solo 1.86 GHz with 2mb l2 cache
~ 256 MB DDR2 RAM
~ 60 GB SATA HDD
~ Combo Drive
~ 15.4 inch Widescreen Display (It also carries some fancy name, which i do not recall:))
~ Intel 945GM with onboard GMA 950
~ Altec Lansing Speakers
~ Intel HD audio
~ Just 2 USB 2.0 ports:-(
~ 802.11a/b/g Wifi
~ VGA out
~ S-Video out
~ LAN & Modem ports
~ Kensington Lock

Alternatively u can llok @ the new V31xx series, they are real cute and a Turion model costs around 35grand in Delhi.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
One important point. Look for a faster CPU, a decent graphics card, clearview screen, SATA HDD support as best as you can find for your budget. These are things you can't often upgrade and don't compromise these for more RAM, HDD or something which is easily upgradable. Most likely you want your laptop to last at least two years and don't want to end up with one which is obsolete and won't be ugradable after a year.

OP
L

leenus2b

Broken In
yes,..excatly....mr.aberforth,...
bye the way can i get a note book for 40k with C2D...?
and I saw review of "Acer Aspire 5004NWLMi" is good....wat abt it..!!
is acer Good Company to trust...!!
can any one post links to get reviews on note books.........
thanks
leenus

jal_desai

In the zone
i hate widescreens.... i mean... are we just using the laptops to see movies?... i dont know why people make so much fuss about wide screen... nothing but "sheep mentality", lemme tell u...they will be a real hurdle to u... dont go for widescreens... compaq has various models and within tht 40k mark... although i saw an ad in a magazine regarding DELL laptop (dont know exactly the model...but it was smething like 'E150') with really good config. 1G ram, 1.7 processor, vista capable @ just 799$ (36K rs.... approx)

supernova

Mr. S Nova
I hate Acer's screen.. they have one of the smallest view angle..
Plus the sub 40k models have poor battery backup (i m not sure about the high end ones)

I personally own a compaq and am quite happy with its performance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom