best monitor under 11k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullyboy

Right off the assembly line
hello everybody, this is bully boy, i am new this forum, nice to meet u
okay, i have a query,
my old 14inch monitor is really getting irritating these days so i would like to buy a new one, my budgets is 11k, but i will only stretch it if its really, really important...okay thanks...it can be either lcd or CRT...but i like to play games so yeah....thank u

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
^^: 74n if you want an LCD, but as you have mentioned gaming, i am not sure 8ms (reponse time of that monitor) is good enough, so you may think of getting a 19" CRT

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
i would like to say that the samsung syncmaster 793s is the best 17 inch monitor around 5k

OP
B

bullyboy

okay guys, tomorrows the day i buy, so any quick suggestions would be helpful....also, i heard there are monitors which strain the eyes, so are there any which don't...?
@drvarunmehta: from the thread in the reviews section by mav3, it doesn't seem as if the 740n is a very good monitor.....
@jz2linkinpark@yes, some names would be helpful
also, what is the cheapest 19" lcd and a similar priced 19" CRT? thank you
i have decided to increase my budget to a few more k and i am eyeing these two models:ViewSonic VA1912wb 19" LCD Monitor and samsung 740bw....how much do they cost? is there any less costly 19" lcd?(iwdescreen would be nice)

Last edited:
OP
B

bullyboy

thanks for your help everybody, i have bought the samsung 940BW for an awesome 14K! thanks (especially the other threads in this forum releated to monitors:)), now allow me to go and enjoy some time with my monitor...cya!;)

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
sam9s said:
WHAT!!! you are comparing US prices with ours....u must be kidding........
oh......sorry.....thats a price from my personal dealer;), that too that monitor can be gotten as low as $208, but as i checked the price with a reputed dealer who offers actual after-sales service, so price went to the high side....:D

OP
B

bullyboy

prashantbhat25 said:
Hey bullyboy,

Can you tell me if games are running smoothly on Samsung 940BW, especially the racing or FPS ones.

Thanks in Advance
yes, i am very, very impressed with the monitors performance.....i am not sure of fps games but yes, i played nfs carbon on the monitor and i didn't experience any problems with the respnso time, in fact, i would say it runs better than on my previous samsung 793mg(CRT):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom