Best monitor for games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringwraith

Journeyman
There's not much discussion here abt monitors available in india...some of u suggest the samsung MB2. does this monitor support high resolutions ? (atleast 1600*1200).
In the US, gamers usually prefer monitors with high refresh rates (~100 Hz@1024 atleast!) . I wonder if such high end monitors are available in india..if so which ones and where? ...any info in this regard wud be welcome

mohit

The Hardware Labs
no the samsung 17" syncmaster 793mb (magic bright 2) does not support 1600*1200 , check the specs of this model here,
*www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/crtmonitors/17magicbrightrange/793mb.asp?page=Specifications

there was an acer 17" crt model but i could not find any acer crt monitors on their india website.

by the way u want a 19" or 17" crt ?

for 19" i think , this one is good,
*www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/crtmonitors/professionalrange/957mb.asp?page=Specifications

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Neither :D i was just enquiring! actually i m gonna stick with my LG 700S for the time being, and buying a new cpu. will probably buy a new monitor in a few months.
Btw a friend told me that NEC monitors are good...and support high resolutions..any clues about it?

Charley

Just Do It
Ringwraith said:
Btw a friend told me that NEC monitors are good...and support high resolutions..any clues about it?

Yes they are good and also they supprt high resolutions ......

mohit

The Hardware Labs
achacko@dataone.in said:
Ringwraith said:

Yes they are good and also they supprt high resolutions ......

any info about their availability in india ? and pricing ?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
1600x1200 for desktop res.. ???? a 17" monitor can give u 1280x1024 .... enough for a high res. desktop .. and enough to play games at high res .....

OP
R

Ringwraith

Journeyman
"High" is a relative concept and moreover i want high refresh rates at common resolutions (~1024)
so a monitor has to support 1600*1200 res @ 60 Hz atleast so that it gives 100 Hz@1024

D

dinesh_singh

dear if wanna play games at 1600x res then consider ur update to 6600gt.
so if u have a 6600gt and u are buying a 19 inch monitor(coz 17 inch wont support this kinda res.)
then u wont be able to play games at smoother level.so either u upgrade to a better card or stick with ur current monitor....which is f700s.
can u tell me is this a flat one or simple round one.
coz if u wanna have best flat monitor then consider lg f700b....it gives u upto 1280x1024
and pure flat....with outer space clearity.
no need top tell i m a owner....and a lg fan(only for monitors)

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
nec,aperture grille,1600*1200 and stuff though a 17" one may come for abt 17k maybe 16k

ALSO,samsung 793mb ,flat from inisde nah?
lg ka bolo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom