Best Linux????

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
Hey I am using Hp Pavilion dv6502au laptop and wanna install a good version of linux... Can u guys suggest me a good linux distro which supports all the hardware in ma laptop without hassels....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey I am using Hp Pavilion dv6502au laptop and wanna install a good version of linux... Can u guys suggest me a good linux distro which supports all the hardware in ma laptop without hassels....
Just like there is no "best OS" there is no "best Linux". While one maybe good for someone it may not be for another.

And if you mention the hardware specs, that wud help everyone a lot on giving suggestions :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Go for OpenSuse or Ubuntu.... They are the most popular ones.

Plus you will get better support at their forums if you get in to any trouble...

OP
latino_ansari

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
My Tech Specs Are :
1.AMD Turion X2 Mobile @1.8ghz
2.Nvidia Geforece 7150M
3.Chipset is Nvidia Nforce 630M(MCP67M)
4.1GB Ram
5.Hp Bluetooth module
6.Broadcom Wifi
7.Conexant Cx20549 HD audio

I tried to install Fedora Core 8 provided with Feburary digit... The other hardware worked well except for Graphics and audio...Please sugget me a distro which support these hardware.....

cooldev007

Broken In
Surely You Should Try Open Suse 10.3. I am using it and almost pretty useful too. You Need to set up an Internet connection for the best experience.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
and for a quick setup of Open SuSE refer this.

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom