best language for sockets programming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashootosh

Broken In
hey guyz can anyone tell me which is the best language for sockets programming?? and how many of u are doing some work in sockets programming?? i wanna do it in C++ but dont have header files like->-> netdb.h,sockets.h etc etc from where i can get those??

tuXian

In the zone
personally I prefer C to C++ as all the intricacies of Object orientation are gone(may be at a expense). But its a lot easir in C.

The best thing is to use linux. If u have got a Live CD then need not install linux too.

Happy Socket programming.

OP
A

Ashootosh

Broken In
r u using knoppix? and does ur live CD contains the header files necessary for sockets programming? i know c/c++ are the best but from where can i have knowledge about sockets programming in them??

sudhir_mangla

Broken In
The WinSock (Windows Sockets) API is a socket programming library for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

It was originally based on Berkeley sockets. But several Microsoft specific changes were employed.

for Socket programming in C++ you need to include the following files

Code:
#include <winsock2.h> 

Add a refrence to winsock library
Take Project-Settings-Link and add ws2_32.lib to the library modules list. 

I am talking about VC++

for detailed info visit *www.codeproject.com/internet/

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
tuxian said:
personally I prefer C to C++ as all the intricacies of Object orientation are gone(may be at a expense). But its a lot easir in C.

Writing socket programs is a lot easier in high level languages. Perl and Python are best suited for writing Socket scripts. You must use Perl to believe it...

OP
A

Ashootosh

Broken In
i have done some work in perl but i dont know how to make an exe in perl, the file which we get has extension .pl (now i dont know how to use this?). and also no one has answered the question->-> from where can i have header files like sockets.h etc. perl contains these files( will they work with c/c++)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom