BEST JAVA GUI BUILDER SOFTWARE LIKE VISUAL STUDIO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys!

Can u pls suggest the Best GUI Builder s/w for making JAVA programs?
Like in Visual Studio, we can drag-n-drop buttons, labels, checkboxes, etc and it automatically create coding for them!

So which is the best s/w for JAVA GUI?

thnx in advance!

sakumar79

Technomancer
Sun Studio (formerly called Sun Forte) is a pretty good GUI builder... All the form components in swing and awt and subclasses are all available for drag and drop and they can then be edited, event-creation is easy, etc and as u wanted, code creation is automatic for these components by drag and drop...

There are a couple of others (free) that I tried but did not have that kind of ease of use... I heard that Netbeans and Eclipse are good, but I havent used them...

Arun

casanova

The Frozen Nova
can u give some screen shots of sun studio and a bit more info like sys req, download link. I googled but got quite confused. Also, at sun's site I didnt find nething related to Java. It stated it was C/C++.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, it is Sun ONE Studio, not Sun Studio... Sorry for the confusion. The Community Edition of the software is free

Download at *developers.sun.com/prodtech/devtools/free/

Sun recommends a 500-MHz Pentium III with 256 MB of memory to run the IDE. However, if your processor is less than 1 GHz and running low on memory, Sun ONE Studio isn't really a viable option because it uses considerable resources and system will become very slow on "recommended" configuration...

Arun

k_mridul

Broken In
use java.sun.com

or go directly to download info page:-
*developers.sun.com/prodtech/devtools/free/

on this page they hav given the details, diffrences and links to get flash intro of the products.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx guys!
Actually I found the link already and d/led the "Java Studio Enterprise Edition". But after installing it, I found no option to drag-n-drop controls in application!

Can u tell which edition should I d/l, coz all 3 r of BIG size!

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
U can try NetBeans 5.0. It has got Matisse (GUI Builder)
and it's very easy and build GUIs with it. Download it
from www.netbeans.org. You can find more information
about Matisse at the following link:
*www.netbeans.org/kb/articles/matisse.html

Remember, to use NetBeans, you need a minumum
1 GHZ , 512 MB RAM, preferably 80 GB HD PC.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
vishal, i downloaded creator2 and studio (1st and third links). 2nd link was not for windows. I installed creator 2 and it has drag and drop features. But it is too heavy. It lags a lot on my PC (1.7 celeron,256mb ram)

47shailesh

Security Exp
netbeans IDE is best freeware available u can use it for devloping mobile application too u just have to add a mobile patch too it.............. JBUILDER from Borland is yet another uncompareable tool but yet not free to develop GUI...... My vote goes to NETBEANS

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I had asked this earlier. I was recommended Eclipse. What about that?
Even Netbeans is really good.
@casanova all the IDE's I know are java based and are therefore resource hoggers. Even netbeans, sun studio, eclipse need atleast 512 mb of RAM to work on them comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom