Best Intel processor and motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawaz123

Broken In
I want to buy Intel Processor and motherboard.

Which make of motherboard is the best. I also want to buy PCI express graphics card. That shud also be supported by the motherboard I I will going to buy it.

Processor+motherboard=budget--13,000/-

mohit

The Hardware Labs
for mobo and processor go for this,

Intel P4 630 Processor (3.0 Ghz , HT , 2 MB L2) - 8400/-
Inter Original 945G board - 6000/-

You will have to buy DDR2 RAM for this board. and what is your budget for the graphics card ?

G

gxsaurav

if u can find these

Intel Pentium D 920, 2.8 GHz dual core, cooler then before
Intel 845GNT

best combo i can thin of right now, but's it's costly

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
if u prefer intel mother board then go for intel 945g
or u could go for an nforce ultra motherboard they perform better
and for processor i would say p4 630 -8400/-

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
if u wanna persist with Intel

go for a 64 bit processor
and a mobo with the 945g chipset

but hey as listed above
it will cost u 15k

on the contrary an AMD combo, with same features ,if not better

AMD athlon64 3200+ (venice core) - 6.5k
ASUS a8n-vm - 5.5k

so total cost is 12k

hmm... think abt it

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
I need intel chispset motherboard not exactly intel make. So, I want to buy a good motherboard+ processor=14,000(MAx)

For Graphics card=5000/-

mohit

The Hardware Labs
dude go for intel original .. coz if u buy intel chipset boards from decent companies such as asus n msi it will cost u even more.

for your graphics card you can go for a 6600 (non gt) from brands such as BIG. they have good quality and pricing.

shaunak

Tux Fan
gxsaurav said:
if u can find these

Intel Pentium D 920, 2.8 GHz dual core, cooler then before
Intel 845GNT

best combo i can thin of right now, but's it's costly

845? does it support dual core?
i think thats 945.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
nawaz123 said:
I want to buy Intel Processor and motherboard.

Which make of motherboard is the best. I also want to buy PCI express graphics card. That shud also be supported by the motherboard I I will going to buy it.

Processor+motherboard=budget--13,000/-

Hmmm...Intel
Looks like you dont have a heater at home..Then Intel would be best bang for the buck.2 in 1 kinda thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anywaysif you still insist,well as Mohit suggested go for P4 630,had that cheap,among all the Prescotts,this is the only one i found out to run slightly cool.

For Mobo,well when it comes to motherboard for Intel CPUs then there is nothing better than Asus.
Asus has tons of models...anyone can get confused looking at the models on their site.
Anyways Any Asus board based on 945 chipset is good.

THis chipset has PCIe 16X slot,so you can buy any PCIe card of your choice,compatibility wont be a problem.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys i have a p4 1.6ghz,intel 845 mobo with 256 mb ram can i add a new graphics card to my pc so dat i can play most games like nfs-mw and css under low BUT smooth graphics.if not wat do i need to buy for my mobo so dat i can add one and please quote the price....im not dat gud wit these things so maybe my post sounds dumb please understand.......

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
^^^
try increasin ur RAM to 512mb first
coz thts a MIN for gamin

and if at all u r sure tht ur mobo has an AGP slot ,
go for the geforce 6200 128mb from BIG
costs abt 3.6k

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
korn, is your mobo 845GL? if yes, then you won't be able to attach a nice gr. card as it doesn't have an AGP slot....
You could go in for a PCI card(if your mobo is 845GL) like ATI Radeon 9000 series which has 128MB of memory and play the games but it won't be the same thing as it has low performance.....

buying a new mobo won't be a wise decision as at the most, intel 865 is compatible with your processor and it has an AGP slot but it won't be much of an upgrade.

My advice:Go in for a new processor and mobo with PCIe slot and then a graphics card...and try to go for a AMD-based system. If the mobo has about 128MB of graphics memory, then your games will run nicely...

How was I able to give this advice???I am going through the same situation having an Intel P41.7Ghz and an Intel D845GLLY mobo....so you can trusst me on this :)

A

ASH_DSG

If ur budget is 14000 then u can buy intel p4 2.66ghz and gigabyte intel 915 chipset mobo with pcie slot and a 256 mb ddr-400 ram all cost including cabinet will around Rs.11000 in Delhi. If u want more power than u can get a mobo intel 945 and pro 2.66 ghz. then it will come in Rs. 14000 or u can buy mobo with chipset ati xpress 200 which has inbuild ati x200 or 300 graphics and a pcie x16 and x1 slot also.

G

gxsaurav

take a look at Intel Pentium D 805 with Intel Desktop board 945GNT /Ati Express 200

OP
N

nawaz123

Broken In
Thanx all for your advice.
I actually having intel motherboard Intel D845WN chipset. But it supports 2.2Ghz as lost resort.

I cannot go for upgrade. Instead I can sell this to 8k. I will buy Intel Dual core 3.0GHz. I really don't have what will be the cost for this. Thinking for upgrade..

Motherboard make I don't know the motherboard make which supports the above processor.
I hate Intel make becos I have one. I want some other brand with intel chipset. MSI or Asrock..
How that would be like....

Geforce 6800 PCIe graphics card.

G

gxsaurav

Pentium D 930 with Asus Motherboard based on 945 chipset ill be good then. But Y do u hate intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom