Best Intel Based Laptop bet. 40-50K

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr_garg

Broken In
hii friends, i want to buy a laptop between 40-50K. Here are few models which i short listed...

Applications i'll b using mainly are C++, Java, Oracle, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005, Open GL n a bit of Photoshop and offcourse for movies music n surfing.

1.> Dell 1520 - Rs. 44K

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1&~ck=bt

+ point - very good config
- point - little bulky, no finger print security. n very much concerned abt. its after sale service. (don't know whether they'll take care of individual customer, so if anyone using dell plz put the review abt there service factor n the laptop itself.)

2.> HP DV-6516-TX Rs. 49.5K

+ point - 2GB Ram, 15.4" display, good after sale service
- point - only 1.5 GHz proccessor

3.> Sony Vaio VGN CR24G/B Rs. 53K

*www.sony.co.in/product/vgn-cr24g/sku/vgn-cr24g%2Fb+e1?site=hp_en_IN_i

+ point - stylish, powerful config, good batter life, lightest of all, good service
- point - only 120 GB HDD, Heavily priced

4.> Acer 4920 Rs. 49K

*www.acer.co.in/products/product_explore_view.asp?pid=36&model=Aspire 4920 Series&cid=5

+ point - best configuration of all at the price.
- point - battery life only 2.5 hrs, doubt on the brand n after service (no one recommended yet)

5.> Lenovo 510Y 42Q

+ point - good sound and after service is also ok
- point - heavy n only 128 mb grafics memory etc.

6.> HP DV-2106TX Rs. 48.5K
+point - good grafics
-Point - only 1.5 GHz, 14.1" display, 1 GB Ram

every notebook here is listed according to my preferenc (as i prefer dell so its on no. 1..) these r some of the points i roughly looked on...

hope this thread help many of us here in choosing a laptop...

Thank U...
Saurav. (Kolkata)

Last edited:

gopz

In the zone
He can get a Dell Inspiron 1420 with nVidia 8400GS + C2D with 1 GB RAM for 36k (after barganing with the Dell rep) and he can add a GB of RAM for Rs.1000

Moreover, his budget is between 40-50k so he can opt for a better config as well. I dont suggest the Compaq 6608 for him, because he still has room for budget and also his requirements seem to ask for a better CPU/ Graphics.

The Dell Inspiron 1420 seems like the best fit for him, apart from Acer who are doing well of late.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
He can get a Dell Inspiron 1420 with nVidia 8400GS + C2D with 1 GB RAM for 36k (after barganing with the Dell rep) and he can add a GB of RAM for Rs.1000

Moreover, his budget is between 40-50k so he can opt for a better config as well. I dont suggest the Compaq 6608 for him, because he still has room for budget and also his requirements seem to ask for a better CPU/ Graphics.

The Dell Inspiron 1420 seems like the best fit for him, apart from Acer who are doing well of late.
Where did u get the 36k figure?
Stop dreaming dude.

gopz

In the zone
Where did u get the 36k figure?
Stop dreaming dude.

I am not dreaming, but YOU need to wake up to reality. See the below config, the tax would be adjusted (waived off)

R510103 - Dell Inspiron(TM) 1420 Notebook
1 36,294.00 36,294.00

Date 24/01/2008
Catalog Number 42186
Base System Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5450 1

1.66 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

Label (Dual Core & Intel Wireless)
Operating System Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English) 1

Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English/Hindi) DVD Media

For basic PC use (does not include the new Vista Aero graphics interface).

1GB+ System Memory configuration recommended for optimal performance.
Dell Services: Installation Basic System Installation 1
Dell Services: Remarks Notebook Batteries Carry 1 Year Warranty Only From Invoice Date 1
Dell's Terms and Conditions apply 1
Item included in the System 1 ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARDS)

Mod Specs Info (India)

Dell(TM) Support Center

8-in-1 media card reader
Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet 1
Dell(TM) Travel Remote Control 1

Noise Isolation Ear Buds
Dell(TM) PC-Restore 1

PC Restore will occupy some HDD capacity.

The capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment.
Dell(TM) MediaDirect 1

Approx. 2.0GB of HDD space will be allocated to Dell Media Direct.

Dell(TM) MediaDirect DVD Kit

Dell(TM) MediaDirect tie w/ OS
Internal 56K Modem 1

RJ-11 Modem cable (AP)
Display 14.1” Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife(TM) 1
Memory 1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 1
Audio Solution Integrated Stereo Sound 1
Video Card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(TM) 8400M GS with 128MB GDDR3 dedicated graphic memory 1
Floppy Drive No Floppy Drive
Hard Drives 160GB SATA Hard Drive 1
Internal Optical Drive Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities 1

Roxio Creator 9.0
Security Software McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) – 30 days trial 1
Bluetooth Module Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module 1
Wireless Network Solution Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card 1
Color Kits Jet Black Color with Matte Finish and Integrated 2MP Webcam
Adapter 90W AC Adapter 1
Primary Battery 6-cell 56Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery 1
Carry Case No Case
Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance 1-Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day Service - parts & labour) 1

1 Year Telephone Technical Support (9am To 6pm, Monday - Friday)

Regional Support Within Asia Pacific Countries for Notebooks with 1 Yr NBD
Remark Discount is only valid if the corresponding upgraded item is selected above. 1
Limited time promotional offer only. No further discounts apply.

juggler

In the zone
I am not dreaming, but YOU need to wake up to reality. See the below config, the tax would be adjusted (waived off)

[/SIZE]

r u sure ??
there is an
CD/CVD/Excise Duty of Rs 4,485.94 levied on laptop
which i think is not going to be waived off
you can get VAT and Octorai exemption but not excise

so effectively the laptop is going to cost above 40K

Note: If u find a way to get excise exemption please let us know

OP
S

sr_garg

Broken In

R510103 - Dell Inspiron(TM) 1420 Notebook
1 36,294.00 36,294.00

but friend i don't know whether they'll take care of individual customer or not, so if anyone know abt this then plz let me know abt there service factor n the laptop itself. and also i can spend upto 50K so i need a laptop with good proccessor, ram, and grafics... what u ppl suggest me from the list given below or anyone of urs choice... for the applications i need to run..
THANKS alot to all of u for replying here....!!:)

gopz

In the zone
Since you are willing to spend upto 50k, I suggest you can increase the config of the Dell 1420, or better still, go in for a Dell 1530 (again, you will need to bargain with the sales rep on the phone to get max discount. With Dell, you CAN always bargain and get a good deal. Dont go by the online prices, which are high)

Also, the Penryn processors will be launched shortly, so this is the right time to bargain on the Santa Rosa and get a great deal.

OP
S

sr_garg

Broken In
Since you are willing to spend upto 50k, I suggest you can increase the config of the Dell 1420, or better still, go in for a Dell 1530 (again, you will need to bargain with the sales rep on the phone to get max discount. With Dell, you CAN always bargain and get a good deal. Dont go by the online prices, which are high)

Also, the Penryn processors will be launched shortly, so this is the right time to bargain on the Santa Rosa and get a great deal.

ok gopz.. it seems that dell is mostly recommended over anything but can u plz tell me the after sale service part?? how is it.. i'd heard that they don't take care of individual customers.

Pathik

Google Bot
r u sure ??
there is an
CD/CVD/Excise Duty of Rs 4,485.94 levied on laptop
which i think is not going to be waived off
you can get VAT and Octorai exemption but not excise

so effectively the laptop is going to cost above 40K

Note: If u find a way to get excise exemption please let us know
+1.
@gopz are u sure the excise gets waived off?

OP
S

sr_garg

Broken In
hii can anyone plz tell me how is New HP DV-2701-Tx?? i'm getting it for 50k here at Calcutta.. so shud i go for Dell 1520 or this new HP one. or Dell 1530xps???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom