BEST GPRS Provider (Surfin via PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superwiz

Broken In
Hey Does anyone know which service provider (Idea,Airtel,Hutch) is the best GPRS provider.
I want to use the GPRS thingy to surf the net from my PC...
info abt rate and speed offered would be high appretiated..

THANKX IN ADVANCE

khandu

In the zone
well

In mumbai i tried ORANGE and it sucked.. normal GPRS for Rs. 49 / month + 10 paisa for every 10 kb ?? CMON MAN!!!!

dont know about the AGPRS ( surfin from ur PC ) but they are giving for 500/month i guess with a 100 MB limit..

not sure.. do check it out.. NOT NOT worth IT!!!!

V

vishal_bhatia87

If you are thinking for the broadband speed on gprs then put a finger on your mouth coz it will give you only under 10kBps downloading speed at maximum. Well I think when compared I like airtel for 600/month. with unlimited access.

OP
S

superwiz

Broken In
vishal_bhatia87 said:
If you are thinking for the broadband speed on gprs then put a finger on your mouth coz it will give you only under 10kBps downloading speed at maximum. Well I think when compared I like airtel for 600/month. with unlimited access.

isn't airtel mobile office for 150/month (unltd data transfer)

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Airtel GPRS is the best option..GPRS speed also depends on ur phone .These days airtel is giving mobile office to postpaid users for 99/pm for 6 month after 6 months they will charge 300/pm and after that the normal charges of 600/pm

adit_sen

In the zone
i guess it differs from city to city. in cal i use airtel gprs to surf the net (unlimited) for rs.99/month.

peace

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
airtel rulez ..... only 99 bucks a month ... unlimited access ....

btw what set do you use expertno.1 ??? i get around 8-11KBps (kilobytes per sec.) with my motorola c650 phone (gprs class 10) .......

rave_2600

Broken In
Dudes if ur in mumbai try dolphin its 399 / month and the guy at the helpdesk said it gave a speed of upto 81 kbps. how, why dunno. thinkin of gettin that done

adorablesrini

Broken In
Hey Orange/Hutch still provides GPRS(only for mobile surfin) for only 99bucks a month.The new rate is valid 4m 1st sept.Atleast for Prepaid customers. But Orange SUX really!! Those guys hav blocked all the major Free WAP Sites portals like tagtag.com etc...

crashuniverse

In the zone
i know about airtel gprs. i have it and i costs Rs. 5/day making 150/month right? its good gives u around 35kbps easily (4 kbps download speed) n 'cmon it at least makes u do ur regular things.

and if u r a night-out kinda person its for u. push the speeds n get going.

rohanbee

Padawan
well in my area its airtel with the best services although very expensive at rs.900/month unlimited, however quite crappy if you want to upload stuff, even sending e-mail attachments at 100k is tough sometimes

Digit_Lover

Right off the assembly line
well i am using !dea gprs somtimes speed goes to 8 kb/sec as download speed & surfing speed 40kbps i have tested on website. but it depends on ur phone i use nokia 6600.. the rate is Rs.500 per month with unlimited access unlimited downlaod...so go ahead

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
I am using AirTel .. its sort of OK ..

But for Rs.99 unlimited .. Its more than value for money

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
airtel really rocks....but somwat a question mark for me here...im studin in ngp n was using airtel gprs @ Rs. 5/day n here back in jsr itz Rs. 99/month surfing in pc...download speed in jsr around 4-6kbps (dunno abt ngp coz using it in cell)...but still with that rate...surfing at just 99/mnth on unlimited access is just worth it....no idea abt others.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom