Best *Free* Forum Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Romil

Broken In
Hey all Webmaster types!

If you host a forum on ur website with a free software, could U please post your choices about free forum softwares available. According to you, which one is the best software considering features, customization, fast and navigation friendly:

- Invision
- Proboards
- others

Please rememeber they should be *free* otherwise for paid software I think phpBB and vBulletin is da best!

Friends, please post ur replies in detail so that it makes a useful topic. Thanks!

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
go for phpbb its free and u have the best demo this forum itself
invision is not free unless you sign up at thier free site
but i guess if u are gonna make a forum urself i.e takes the pains of uplading custmizing etc then its phpbb

wORm

Journeyman
Invision Power Board is free to use, one only needs to sign-up in order to download it from their server. The paid version comes with tech support and copyright removal.

My choice is obviously IPB because of the advanced features it offers, and they are currently unmatched by any other free bulletin board system.

Having said that, if one wants a no frills, functional board then phpBB is a good choice.

OP
R

~Romil

Broken In
Thanks for the info guys, so now it's phpBB vs. Invision Power Board as far as "free" is concerned.

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Invision is the fastest
Phpbb s*cks where speed is concerned.
But I think Invision has a problem with multiple option polls.
Try voting here
*s3.invisionfree.com/Computek/index.php?showtopic=87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom