best firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mostwanted

hey guys i just got my broad band connection.so could u reccomend me a good firewall.im willing to pay.hey and is there any where i can get good freeware????

sakumar79

Technomancer
Not to start a war, but it is not possible to clearly state one firewall is the best... Among free software, ZoneAlarm Personal is the most famous and perhaps easiest to use, but features and customisability wise, other free firewalls like Kerio and Outpost are better... In paid software, Zone Alarm Pro can be considered one of the best... It has very good customisability and retains the easy-to-use interface making it better than other paid software in most counts...

Personally, I currently use Kerio Personal Firewall and I find it better than Zone Alarm which I tried earlier... I have also tried a few other free firewalls including Outpost and Sygate but found their interface a bit too hard for me... Since I have reasonable internet awareness but not an in-depth knowledge in ports, etc, KPF is my personal favorite... For the novices, ZA is better as it has an easier interface... For those with good knowledge and the desire to tweak the firewall, Outpost and Sygate are good options...

If you are willing to pay, buy the PC World July issue for Rs. 60 and get a copy of Outpost Firewall worth Rs. 1800 included (again, dont want to start a war between mags)...

Arun

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Zone Alarm is the best option........Outpost would be better....but it takes a little time to get use to ;)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I have been using Kerio Personel Firewall for some time now and must say it is good. Earlier used to have Zone Alarm but had some problems so switched over. But Zone Alarm is also good.

go_gamez

In the zone
the paid version of zona alarm total security suite..rocks..maybe even outpost is good but havent tried it yet ..is it diffcicult to manage outpost ??cauz i have the full version in the pc world dvd ..

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
go_gamez said:
the paid version of zona alarm total security suite..rocks..maybe even outpost is good but havent tried it yet ..is it diffcicult to manage outpost ??cauz i have the full version in the pc world dvd ..

Actually Outpost is not difficult......but a little bit difficult to use compared to Zone Alarm......

TeChRocK

Broken In
As for firewall is concerned zone alarm is da best firewall, for ati-virus get AVG. I mind u dont get norton products it eats lots of ram and loads pc very low at startup

sakumar79

Technomancer
PC World magazine should be available at a neighbourhood magazine store... If you are in a small city where it did not hit the stands, perhaps you can try the nearest big city... But hurry because this months issue may not be available in the stands for long...

Arun

hey ...guys what is the buffer underflow in the firewall..........does anyone know i get messages when someone trying to attck me..........in mcafee firewall corporate 8.5................

knight17

In the zone
I think Zone Alarm is the best....
But all firewalls have its own problems....zone alarm too have problems
but IMO maintainig it is a little difficult too much warnings...but they are necessary for you to know what is taking place in your system.

I am using Zone Alarm Pro.Its good before that i have tried
*McAfee personal firewall
*Kerio
*Outpost
*Norton Internet Security (System HOG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom