Best DIGI CAM FOR CASUAL CLICKERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys i am visiting ratnagiri for my college study tour .We have been advised to collect pictures of many shells ,aquatic animals etc if we may be able to find one.I have decided to buy a digi cam for not above 8-9k as i am amateur .Is sony cyber shot a great choice?I want cam to be connected to my pc can i do so? :?

geekysage

Journeyman
mandar5, sony cybershot series is good for beginners and you can get the S40 for about Rs. 8K. I'd recommend you to stretch your budget by a grand and go for canon a510. IMHO, it's a better camera. I bought it for a friend a few months back and have used it personally. The one and only disadvantage with this camera is its longer flash recharge time, otherwise it's one of the best digicams for newbies.

What did you mean by "...cam to be connected to my pc..."? Please elaborate.

If i take your question for its face value, ofcourse, all the digicams can be connected to a PC using a standard USB connection. In fact, that's how you transfer the pictures to your computer. On a side note, some people prefer to use an external media card reader (SD/MMC) to transfer via the memory card itself.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thanks

Thanks a lot geekysage,I appreciate your concern .What i meant was can i connect digi cam to pc to enlarge or store the images?Can u please let me know the price of a 510?Once again thank u very much. :D

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thank

Well , can u give me names of web sites which offer reviews and previews on digi cam?I think u r a serious shutterbug aint u?U click as a hobby or a passion?Do let me know . :)

geekysage

Journeyman
I visit cnet reviews to get a better idea about any consumer electronic device before actually buying it. They don't seem biased and generally test a device thoroughly before giving their ratings. Here's a direct link to their digi-cam section: *reviews.cnet.com/Digital_cameras/2001-6501_7-0.html?tag=glnav

I think i already answered your question about connecting the camera to a computer. Hope that cleared it up for you. Once you transfer the pictures to your computer, you can use any photo-editing software like Photoshop to enlarge/shrink your images. You can also play with color saturation and hues to correct any lighting defects.

As for the price, the link that i gave for canon a510 lists its price as Rs. 10,600 and the last time i checked, it was available for ~$150 here in US.

I am not a serious photographer but yes, i do like using my digital camera - a Kodak DX7590. And i like to fiddle with the camera settings and photoshop to get good pictures. I hope you'll make a good decision and get a nice camera. Good Luck!

geekysage

Journeyman
What the hell? I am not presently in India, how am i supposed to know? I generally go to www.ebay.in to find the prices in India, you can do the same. Nevertheless, I think my website lists its price - both in US and in India, although those prices were valid 3 months back, it'll give you an idea. Link is in the profile or click the WWW button below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom