Best Cell under 10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipen01

Youngling
Hey..

I am planning to buy a cell under 10K range..or at max i might stretch to 12K..

I will be using it extensively for Internet on my PC...so EDGE will be important..

and another prerequisite is MP3 Player..Rest everything can be adjusted..

btw whats difference between EDGE/GPRS ..are there any other techs of DATA Transfers..better than these...

even theres EDGE (118kbps) and EDGE (236kbps)...does that make a big difference... and what abt class 10 and all...

is K750i...good for using NET on PC..i will hardly use it on cell...will mostly use on PC..

Even other better cells.. which come with better features...and same range..

Thanx a lot...:)

supernova

Mr. S Nova
K750i is not EDGE enabled

You can get Nokia 3230 for less than 10k.
Pros: EDGE, MP3, FM, Memory Slot
Cons: Very common phone now, low battery life

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
well its EDGE is 118 Kbps... what does that mean... i mean it would be still slow.. rite..??

and yup even i like K750i...but no edge...:(

Any other suggestions...:eek:

Thanx..

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
i hate 6630 ke looks....though i know it..has lotsa features..

btw..6230i...seems average..in looks... kind of Ok.....but features are good..
ill have to go and check it out ..!!

thanx..;)

any other suggestions frends..

freakanomics

Broken In
pathiks right, u won't find many applications for the s40 series 6230i. Best bet wud be the 6630,large screen and better camera. It also has one of the fastest processors around, too. it fits in ur budget and has all that u asked for.

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
btw...one problem is.. either am not sure ke what EDGE is...

well EDGE is tech of Mobile rite... and not of Service Provider... coz..it shuldnt happen ke..ill get EDGE waala cell..and i wont be able to avail its advantage as service provider doesnt provides it...

Can someone enlighten..this..

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
well but what abt ..the thing i said..yene... i buy EDGE waala cell..and Provider...has no such capabilities and all...:O

Waise L7 mein NO EDGE

GPRS
Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps

HSCSD
No

EDGE
No

3G
No

WLAN
No

Bluetooth
Yes, v1.2

Infrared Port
No

USB
Yes, miniUSB

Source: - indiagsm.com

Anyone..!!!

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
DIPEN 6630 is the best u can have in that range..... 6630 is EDGE+3G and airtel networks dont support EDGE as of now..... but u definitely get greater speeds in a EDGE fone over normal GPRS

mediator

Technomancer
Well if ur willing to spend 2-3 K more than u'll get Nokia 6270. Its simply awesome.

* Dual speakers .....sound quality's like stereo speakers of PC
* 2 MP camera with flash
* BT,Infrared,USB,EDGE 236 Kbps
* 32 MB internal memory....512 MB external card for free!

and all the things u'll find in Sony ericsson 750i or 800!

Ma friend bought it a montha ago for 13K .....and its amazing considering the price too !!

OP
Dipen01

Dipen01

Youngling
S40 V2... well..so whats wrong with it..!!

oh got it.....there wont be much of applications..for it....rite ..!!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
anarchist said:
Youre handset & tower both should be EDGE enabled for using it.

It not must that your area's tower must be EDGE supported.
i using kolkata circle sim in Bengal circle, and kolkata circle has EDGE enabled but Bengal circle has not. But me and other friends still gets EDGE speeds.;)

go_gamez

In the zone
i have a nokia 6270...its really owesome..and must tell u..all the best features at a less price as u can get it for arond 13 k now a days... the 2mp camera is really nice..and the sound quality just rocks...with the headphones its just like an i -pod..it also has an equaliser...and is also having EDGE .which is u r main need.
and if u r buying it buy the black one as it's killin looks get more stunning..
and though its S40 platfrom phone u dont need much softwares as built-in mp3 player is great..and u can also install superb java games .and some small applications..

i must say the phone just rox !! for more info : *www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,80125,00.html

@mediator..i think the internal memory is only around 11 mb and not 32 mb i knwo cauz i have the phone...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom