best c/c++ compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonu_mittal1

Broken In
what is the best c/c++ compiler which can compiler older c/c++ programs written in turbo c version 3. the programs use graphics to medium end.
new compiler must execute them properly. tell me name of compiler and site from where i can download it free. alos tell me after installing it what settings i have to do to compile my firsrt program like setting the input output path etc.....................
thnaks

sakumar79

Technomancer
not sure about compatibility with Turbo C, but quite possibly best free C/C++ IDE for Windows is DevC++. It is based on GNU C++ compiler, so if you are using standard C/C++ code, it should compile without a problem...

You wont need to do any elaborate setting up for input/output path, etc. I installed it, wrote a sample program, compiled it and executed it without setting up any parameters/directory locations... See documentation provided for any guidance, if not post again in this thread...

Arun

hsksattish

Broken In
Ya i too use Dev c++.The only disadvantage is that it takes some time to load.However it is fully GUI based-u dont need to compile and run in command line like most fast compilers.So its easier.

www.bloodshed.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom