best audio format for music

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit dutt

Broken In
hi techies...

i want to know which is the best audio format for storing music on the computer.
also if i convert my mp3 files into acc format will there be any improvement in quality?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
OGG format is the best format for reducing the size of songs. For best quality, store the songs in WAV. WAV files take up a lot of space though. And as for your second question. I'm not sure. I think AAC files sound better than MP3 files. (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

AAC i think is the best format, although i am not sure i am just speaking my experience. All mobile devices of today play it, its free and a 128 KBPS MP3 doesn't loose any detectable quality when compressed using AAC at 80 KBPS, according to my experiance. Converting MP3 to AAC will be helpful if your MP3s are atleast @ 128 KBPS bitrate, otherwise they had already lost their quality to some extent and that can't be returned. In a nutshell, you can't increase the quality of audio by converting to AAC, you can get the same quality at lower bitrates which translates to lower filesizes. I hope i had made myself clear. If i am wrong somewhere, plz correct me.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
.FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is the best.

But it take up a good amount of space.

I got some songs of Metallica .FLAC. One song is of 20MB and other of 19MB.....:|.

One more vote to aac...its size is almost comparable to mp3, but sounds much better..crisp bass and nice clarity.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ does that mean converting mp3 to aac will give a good sound quality on PC ?
if yes then give link of converter

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Converting to AAC with higher bitrate gives better quality.
Xilisoft Audio Converter is the best audio converter, albeit it's paid.
Switch is a free audio converter and I think it supports converting MP3 to AAC.

OP
A

amit dutt

Broken In
thanks for your response guys. actually i tried transferring music to my 6630 via nokia music manager [otherwise i just copy songs to the MMC] then music manager asked to convert music files into AAC 160kbps.
i gave it a try the converted songs were good but i didn't find any significant difference between mp3 and aac.

Arrey Yaar, dont you guys read the posts carefully before posting these du*b a** comments :x

I have clearly stated before that converting an MP3 at a certain bitrate, say XXX Kbps, to AAC wont give you any clarity in sound but you can get the same amount of clarity as your MP3 with a comparitvely lower bitrate in AAC. For example, A 128 Kbps MP3 when converted to a 96 or even 80 kbps AAC sounds just as sweet as the original 128 Kbps MP3.

To get better quality in AAC, use a high bitrate like 160 kbps while converting directly from an audio CD, the one with .cda raw tracks. Then you'll see or rather, hear the difference between that aac file and an MP3 encoded at same bitrate. AAC file will be much better in fidelity.

I hope this will clear things out for everyone.

And sorry for the harsh language, but i still think that its stupid to just keep posting your comments without reading carefully what others have said before. :|

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
arre sumit babua ..itne kaahe bhadak rahe ho :D :D :D

Two lines ka ans hai :

1. Get ur Audio CD
2. Konvert them to AAC with higher bitrate ......

Par ab question ye uth taa hai ki most of the ppl dload from torrents or paki websites new songs and they are in mp3 ...so no use..he he he :p :p :p

but thanx for sharing da knowledge

Njoy n Rgds
Sumit

:D Are bhadkat naahin hain na hum, thoda khopadia khisak jaavat hai kabhai kabhar :D :D

Ya true, thats why i think aac is good for saving your memory card space without loosing the quality of your audio.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ I wonder do ppl still go to shops and buy audio CDs when there are torrents and whole lot of paki mp3 websites ;)

yes, i guess some people do, at least. Its ethically the right thing to do. The artist must get what he deserves. I also buy cds sometimes, but only when i want atleast 50% of the songs from that CD and the number of songs in that 50% is at least greater than or equal to 4. Otherwise, for 1 or two songs, i rather listen them on in.com, smashits.com etc or sometimes, when i need them on my mobile, i also go the other way (U know :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom