Before They Spoiled the Software - 13 app we liked better before they were "improved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Source - PC World

Sometimes a program's new version is actually worse than the previous one. Here are 13 apps we liked better before they were "improved"--plus tips on finding the earlier editions.

I am not posting the whole article as it is spread over many pages, but just the apps.

Instant Messengers
1. AOL Instant Messenger
2. ICQ
3. Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger

Media Players
4. Windows Media Player
5. MusicMatch Jukebox (Now Yahoo Music Jukebox)
6. WinAMP
7. iTunes
8. Quicktime Player

Image and Video Software
9. iMovie '08 (for the Mac)
10. Corel Paint Shop Pro
11. ACDSee

12. Adobe Reader
13. Eudora

The PC World site has posted links to the OldVersions.com site to get the old versions of many of the softwares.

This is an issue we all face with out popular softwares.
But i feel they missed out a few ones which should have made it to the list -

* Nero Suite ( Who would release nearly 3 4 updates of their old software when the new version is out!!)
* AdAware 2007 (18MB Download!!)

Last edited:

Nav11aug

In the zone
never used the mentioned messengers except the live one, so cant say much.

And , I do believe WMP 11 rox compared to any of the previous versions. They screwed up Jukebox ,yes, same goes to WinAMP and Quicktime . I hate iTunes, thz a memory hoggin b*stard.

Nothing to say about the editing software.

Biggest sucker was Adobe Reader, infct 8 was so heavy that i dwngraded to 7.

Yeah, Nero shudve made it to the list

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Re: Before They Spoiled the Software - 13 app we liked better before they were "impro

fun2sh said:
where is WINDOWS VISTA. IT SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE LIST. :confuse:
The mother of all blunders.LMAO.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Re: Before They Spoiled the Software - 13 app we liked better before they were "impro

fun2sh said:
where is WINDOWS VISTA. IT SHOULD BE ON TOP OF THE LIST. :confuse:
Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!I couldn't agree more. Absolutely, BIGGEST BLUNDER!!!!!!!!!!

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
anandk said:
good joke :D for me !
but i take it, u didnt mean it as one ;-)

nice thread, btw :)
no i mean it. are ye vista dimag kharab kar diya hai. for each n everythin it keeps askin u need admin permission...... :mad:

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
wmp11 is much better than other versions of wmp but still hangs a bit at the start.i think FF should be on that list too.i still remember when ff1.0 and ff 1.5 was released the boost in performance which is gone is ff 2.xx.

nowadays the new versions only mean fixed bugs and security improvements rather than a new interface and features which were associated with newer versions a few years back.

even spyware doctor has the same prob. now

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I am typing this on a vista laptop. It isn't allowing me to save an image file to an external hardisk using opera. Today morning Vista Basic wasn't allowing my friend to add a file in D: partition to an iso file in C: partition using ultraiso. He got an "couldn't access file error". He had to copy it to c: drive before adding it. Vista takes ages to restart, shutdown or boot.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...

fun2sh said:
no i mean it. are ye vista dimag kharab kar diya hai. for each n everythin it keeps askin u need admin permission...... :mad:

lol...just turn off UAC...:D

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Adobe Reader pi$$ed me of after version 6 only, when it started to take eterninty to start. While i used it for some time, I moved to foxit soon after

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Windows Vista is worst , IMAO XP was such best software . vista ruined microsoft . microsoft suld only make service packs for XP

sakumar79

Technomancer
^^ When XP came out, many people had similar reaction.... After SP2, it has reached wide acceptance from most Windows users.... Most probably, Vista also will face such lifecylce...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom