BD+ cracked by Slysoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Regardless of what those oh-so-knowledgeable analysts had to say, we all knew this day was coming. Yep, that highly-touted, totally "impenetrable" copy protection technology known as BD+ has officially been brought to its knees, and it's not at all surprising to hear that we have SlySoft to thank. The AnyDVD 6.1.9.6 beta has quite a comical change log too, and aside from noting that users now have the ability to backup their BD+ movies and watch titles sans the need for HDCP-compliant equipment, it also includes a candid note to Twentieth Century Fox informing the studio that its prior assumptions about BD+'s effectiveness were apparently incorrect. You know the drill, hit the read link below to try 'er out.
*www.engadget.com/2007/11/07/slysofts-latest-anydvd-beta-cracks-bd/

Why do these guys even bother? They waste so much of money and cause the real buyers problems, but the pirates always get away with it. Instead of this rubbish, why not just reduce the price while providing a better consumer experience like watching this stuff wherever you feel like.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
goobimama said:
*www.engadget.com/2007/11/07/slysofts-latest-anydvd-beta-cracks-bd/

Why do these guys even bother? They waste so much of money and cause the real buyers problems, but the pirates always get away with it. Instead of this rubbish, why not just reduce the price while providing a better consumer experience like watching this stuff wherever you feel like.
+1, its always the genuine customers who face the music! while the pirates get away. I think the whole software industry should do away with things like activation, genuine checks, drm etc. Nothing is foolproof... They are only making a fool of themselves by introducing this "security" measures. Most of them are cracked within hours!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yea.. I dont understand why there is so much of restrictions on using original stuff.. where as the guy who buys a pirated stuff enjoys.. I have been restricted with originals copies :| Visual Studio, Vista .. even worse .. I dont have a Copy of Vista DVD.. only recovery partition :mad:...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Mac OS X Leopard/iLife 08. No serial numbers. No activation. No registration. Excellent customer experience! That's the way it should be. (of course, there is the iTunes DRM, but it's getting better).

The irony of the whole thing is, if you buy an original DVD, you are forced to watch an anti piracy ad before actually getting to the movie, but there is no such thing with a downloaded copy.

I say screw the anti piracy measures and let the customers decide whether or not they want to be moral. This will result in content getting cheaper and a whole lot better experience. Offer something that pirates will NOT be able to provide, like easy purchasing and backups, and you will find that people will most definitely buy the original.

Pathik

Google Bot
goobimama said:
The irony of the whole thing is, if you buy an original DVD, you are forced to watch an anti piracy ad before actually getting to the movie, but there is no such thing with a downloaded copy.
LOL :D

Sykora

I see right through you.
Offtopic : ^^^ I remember the first time my friend used vim substitution syntax in a chat session. It took me ages to figure out what was going on :)

Ontopic : A few of my friends satisfy their conscience by buying an original, shelving it, and using the pirated one. That way they don't have any problems, and they justify themselves.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep. I also buy the CDs of my favourite albums and just dump it in the car or something. I wish there was a better way to give the artist the money instead of the record labels...

moshel

Padawan
goobimama said:

Yeah man...i just hate that....and with some DVD's its even worse...where u HAVE to see some other stupid movie promos......u cant even skip it or FFWD it....its so annoying...its mostly in hindi movie DVDs, i atleast curse myself once when i buy an original hindi DVD...with pirated DVDs it so simple...u pop the dvd a 5 second video plays and boom...u get the menu screen........
so 2 benefits...
1. u can start watching quickly
2. its cheap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom