Battlefield 2 lagging with 7900GS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sreeejith

Nee po mona dinesha!
I am now using my cousins pc. When playing battlefield 2 multiplayer at high settings its lagging very badly. It lags at medium settings also. But with very low settings i can play without any problem. But i want to play it at high settings. Here is the system specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4000+ 2.11Ghz
Leadtek Winfast 7900GS (with latest nvidia drivers [i tried reinstalling the drivers but still not working])
80GB HDD
1GB DDR2 Zion RAM

I know this config is good enough to play bf2 in high settings. In singleplayer i can play without any lag in high settings. but in multiplayer it is unplayable bcoz of lag. I have a high ping between 200 to 300. Is that the reason why it lags?
Can anybody help me to fix this problem? :(

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
It lags due to the ping buddy. Are all servers giving that sort of a ping? Which ISP are you on? I am asking because I was going to buy it.

DiCsA

Broken In
Lag and hardware are two different things.

To be short the hardware will help you to have good graphics and more FPS as possible. For this part your computer is ok for BF2.

When you play on the net you could have some lag. It's not related to your hardware but to your internet connection and to the server you are connecting on.

So check your broadband and the servers. You can order the servs by decreasing ping in your browser I presume.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Sreejith; That's definitely due to your net connection then. Sadly, only thing you can play online in India is Counter strike. (Ping can't be decreased via the browser.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom