Battle of the PDA's in my Head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guyss..

well i am planning to get a PDA but am KINDA CONFUSED WHICH 1 TO GO 4 OR shd i still stick wit GSM mobiles

in GSM mobile i hv jst 2 mobiles 2 choose frm:
1. Nokia N80
2. Sony Ericsson W900i

in PDA i hv the foll options:

O2 Xda Mini S
O2 Xda Atom / Exec
Dopod 838 Pro
E ten G500

I reside @ Mumbai n wud wanna know da approximate rates 4 da devices and location of an Authorized dealer. Plz let me know bout da after sales service 2. Basically i am looking out 4:

Music player
2MP cam
PDF Viewer

wud b gr8 if it has WiFi n GPS.. let me know which r da GPS phones available in indian market. n whom shd i contact 4 da same.

u can mail me @ bruce_wayne_16@yahoo.com 2...
plzz HELP me guys......

K

krazyfrog

Currently there is only one GPS enabled handset in the market: HP hw6965. It also has wi-fi. It has all the features of a PDA and a regular cell phone. It also includes digital GPS maps of all the major cities of India (the no. of cities is constantly updated). It is priced at around Rs. 38000. Its a very good PDA phone. U can find it at any major mobile phone shop in mumbai e.g. Heera-Panna, Alfa

OP
B

bruce_wayne_16

Broken In
well the HP hw6965 has da qwerty onboard. n i persoanlly don't lik such phones. unless it had da slider. talking bout da outlets i dont think alfa will give warranty. i guessing gewtting it frm authorized dealers wud b better coz can expect a decent after sales service.

K

krazyfrog

I don't see why alfa won't give you a warranty. Anyway HP hw6965 is currently the only phone to have gps. Although you can wait for the upcoming N95. It has gps, 5 mpix camera and is a slider. It won't be cheap though.

K

krazyfrog

GPS cannot be implemented with software alone. You need hardware too. Just like bluetooth, fm radio, etc.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
another vote for hp my uncle is using hp 6828 and it is awesome only drawback is it does not hav gps .... and the new models hv gps .... go for hp

OP
B

bruce_wayne_16

Broken In
hmmn now im tempted to buy da hp 6828.. reviews seems gud n hp after sales service is gud. dats wat i hv heard..

well guys if i need to put da extra GPS hardware n s/w to da 6828. wud dat b better n cheaper or wud it b better gng 4 da in built gps receiver in the newer models. wat wud b da price difference.

hws da gps reception in india. i stay @ mumbai. travel @ pune n hyd .. so do let me know whether its worth?

ny suggestion frm whr to buy n if u hv da contact numbers wud b gr8. may b i can get sum discount ;)

ny more pda dat i need to hv a glance plz let me know at the earliest.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont think that u can put gps hardware in ur 6828 .... the software has gps but i dont think it has the ability to add gps hardware .... go for the model that has gps inbuilt to avoid any complications .... later additions in hardware generally coz problems across the whole spectrum of technology

K

krazyfrog

Forget about adding hardware and software. If you want gps, the HP model i mentioned earlier is your only choice as of now. Also for gps it doesn't matter where you live as gps functions with the help of earth's artificial satellites. Even if ur somewhere in Himalayas, but manage to find a couple of satellites above you, the gps would work. For proper functioning, you do need atleast 3 satellites but that won't be much of a problem since there are always more than you'll ever need. You can go anywhere in the world and you can be sure that the gps will work. The HP also comes with gps maps for major cities of india, so won't ever get lost with this phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom