Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Do we get Lithium Polymer batteries in India.

I have tried for the past one week but cant seem to find anybody selling in Bombay .Please tell me if you know anybody selling

Actually I want this battery for my COmpaq Ipaq H3800 series which i think is not performing up to the mark.

I have asked the company but they only seem to offer a trade in which i deem as stupidity and foolishness for a piece that is 3 years old .

Can anybody give me that place where they are available and the approx price .

I cant give the number or anyother specs of the battery because i dont have any.
I have even checked the owners manual for it Nothing to be found.

I have searched Google for it but cant find much and the solution they give is to send the piece to them and they shall replace the battery and resend it .

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
my advice 2 u would b 2 get the battery frm compaq if u dont know the specs of ur battery...u dont want 2 install in incorrect battrey and end up with an unsuable iPaq :p

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
They told me yesterday after much argument that the price of the battery and fitting is approx INR 7000.

When I checked online I found out that to order the battery it costs me INR 3000 with shipping .

Why should i pay them more than double for a 5 minute job.

As i said they want to lead us to a " TRADE "

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well can u order it online then?? is it an original battery?i know that most of the time these guys wanna rip ppl off...but it remains a safe way...if u can order online, then that would b the best option...

Tech&ME

Banned
Well if u can get it online in INR then try first to call the websites customer suport and ask them if they also have any retail store offline. If they do have it in India somewhere u will probably be happy to know that first, right. Try it.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
Well its a store in USA and I just converted it to INR for ease as we all deal in INR .
They have given a price in $

Tech&ME

Banned
godsownman said:
Well its a store in USA and I just converted it to INR for ease as we all deal in INR .
They have given a price in $

Are they ready to send it to India ?? Man battery is not allowed to be carried on AIR PLANE, and I think they will not be able to ship it by AIR, next addition customs cleareans will be required which will not be billed on the INVOICE but you will be required to pay it separetely, that is what I feel. Please check with them and there policy of shipment to India. What mode of transport are they really going to use, since if they are going to send it by SHIP, u will end up receiving it after about 2 to 3 months. So check this things up first before u place an order with them. Could u please let us know the web address of this company ?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
batteries r allowed on flights @Tech&Me...i carry my laptop+spare battery and regular alkaline batteries with me all the time...and when things r shipped by stores, u dont have 2 worry abt what is allowed on flights :p

@godsownman: u didnt tell us which store?? and consider the customs part b4 ordering...

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
I'm not too sure about that but i'll tell you the site where i found out about the battery
*www.best-laptop-battery.com

I'm not desperate for the battery just now because someone told me to drain the battery completely sop i did that then he told me to charge it fully .

Now it has picked up .

Its loosing about 5% charge a day so is it normal for a battery to looses that much in a day

Thanks for all the information about customs.

But if i request a friend to bring it be a problem for customs etc....

I read somewhere on this site or another one( i cant remeber which one ) that they have an oflline store somewhere in Newyork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom