BAR CODE MACHINE WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

varungupta17

Broken In
Hi i want to bar code machine for my dads shop. I will assemble computer for the shop all by myself. But m unaware about the brand, price, about the bar code machine. I understand that it consists of barcode reader and the software should also be developed for my usage.

Anyway give me all the details u can provide which includes brand, manufacturers website, price, software etc.. what ever u can....

This is urgent as i want this to start working from 1ST APRIL... as it is the begging of new financial year.....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
AFAIK there are two kinds barcode readers based on the interface type USB and serial (COM). What billing software do you use?? I guess most billing software will have a inbuilt barcode reader software routine.

Here is a search in ebay link

know more about barcodes link

A excel addin link

aadipa

Padawan
I have worked/made programs for barcode readers and printers. From what I know, barcode readers are just replacement of keyboard.

Barcode reader just scans barcode and send it as a series of key press (simple text as if typed on keyboard). It just makes out job simpler.

What you need to do it just connect barcode reader to keyboard port/USB port and it is detected as Input device.

In some cases barcode scanner will fail to read the data so you will have to type in that code using keyboard. Your application must have such function. Also you can configure your scanner to send some keys after reading a code. So you can configure it to send code followed by a tab key and you can directly move to next textbox on your application interface.

About specific hardware vendors, I don't have idea about current market, I used to work for HCL BeePOS about 2 years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom