Bangalore transport corporation to go tech way, Launching E-Ticketing soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnprashanth

Right off the assembly line
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) is stepping to launch e-ticketing soon. A debit card kind of cards will be sold to passengers & these cards can be recharged as you recharge your mobile phones. While catching a bus, you need to just swipe this card in front of a installed device. The device will automatically deduct required money from your card. This card can also be used for paying BESCOM, BWSSB bills. TOI (Times Of India) reported that, BMTC already ordered 10,000 cards for manufacturing.
Related News:
BMTC to launch "Gold Pass":
BMTC will soon launch "Gold Pass" to help high-end commuters. This pass may be priced arround 1,700 & can be used to travel in Volvo buses.

Link to original article:
*www.techbangalore.com/bmtc-to-go-tech-way-launching-e-ticketing-soon/

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ yes, i read it in the newspaper today. i must commend the move by BMTC :) the hi-tech city is finally getting its share of technology!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I donno about that but tell them to learn some hindi properly. When I was there the bus conductor used to talk in an accent & tone like scolding me :(....

oh well, maybe I m too used to the "Sharafat bhari hindi" of lucknow & awadh :D

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^NOT many knows Hindi in South.also hindi is spoken in some places due to north indian settlements or for like us(Kerala),we are forced to learn Hindi from 5th std to PDC(or +2).Kannadigas(most of them knows 3 or more LANG's) are generous enough to speak Tamil,Hindi or Telegu to help outsiders.their attitude of "adjust maadi" means their helping nature.unlike in some other states.can we expect anyone to speak a word in malayalam in Dehli or Lucknow?think!
rather than whining-it is good to appreciate the effort .

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
offtopic: ^^^ true...Bangalore is a cosmo. Even with the attitude the bus conductor, Saurav, u would definitely find another one in the bus, who could speak "managable" hindi and help you out....:cool:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
praka123 said:
we are forced to learn Hindi from 5th std to PDC(or +2).
I don't think forced is an appropriate word which should be used here. Hindi is our national language & everyone should know it :)

can we expect anyone to speak a word in malayalam in Dehli or Lucknow?.
Nope but u can talk in our national language, Hindi :)

See, it was an isolated case with me only. Maybe the guy was having a bad day, or maybe his hindi was not good enough...could be anything, its just that I found that tone like scolding.

abhi_10_20 said:
offtopic: ^^^ true...Bangalore is a cosmo.

True but sometimes it is hard to find a north india kiosk or hotel :D. I was eating idli & dosa in breakfast for 3 days something i m not habitual at before i could find a tiffin service :p. Dosa is fine for me in dinner but not breakfast

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
YES!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this to happen.Iam not talking about BMTC!
Why you people always change the track of the topic?
Topic is about BMTC going tech way and you are talking about national language??!!!
This is the most unique thing i observed in this forum

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
at least no more little cheap bus systems, india is advancing, at least a little this reminds me of new zealand

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ its not abt "cheap" bus systems. its about comfortable and efficient ones. and i think the volve buses haf been really good for the city. only thing was about passes and this piece of news brings good news to us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom