Status
Not open for further replies.

coolarunkumar21

Right off the assembly line
Hi
First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR
now i have sify broadband internet connection with 128kbps speed but i tnink i am not getting 128 because downloading speed i got is 12 kbps
so guys is there any software that show what shows the connection i got .

go4inet

In the zone
coolarunkumar21 said:
Hi
now i have sify broadband internet connection with 128kbps speed but i tnink i am not getting 128 because downloading speed i got is 12 kbps

Hi Kumar,

Welcome to the ThinkDigit community. First of all your title of the post and message you posted inside does not tally. Becoz you have asked for bandwidt details in topic title and inside you hav asked us how to check your connection speed. Next time when you post, please be exact.

Now to check you connection speed, use the url give below :
*speedtest.dslreports.com/

To know how much bandwidth you use :
BandwidthMeter v2.1, thats the software tht keeps track of you bandwidth details, which shows amout u uploaded or downloaded. Also a good software, if your bandwidth is restricted and you want to know how much you used. Also when I saw your topic title, I thought this is what you were looking for.

An alternative Solution :

There is something called Search*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php option, which can come handy for you. Goto search and just enter your query "broadband speed". Or anything related to ur post.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
check out cnet's bandwidth meter...it tells u ur connection speed...get it here:
*reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html?tag=cnetfd.dir

coolarunkumar21 said:
Hi

dude, ur getting a PERFECT SPEED!!! :eek:
See, the dsl connection u got is 128 kilo BIT per second, while the transfer rate u see is 12 kilo BYTE per second. See the difference in the words in capitals.
1 kilo byte = 10 kilo bits (approx) :wink:

chiao!!! n enjoy ur dsl !!!!! :p

its me again. sry i forgot to mention something. as i said that 1 kilo byte = 10 kilo bits, u might argue that wat abt the remaining 0.8 kilo bytes of speed? yea?
so, this much bandwidth is reserved for the various application on ur comp and most imporatantly for ur OS!

(btw, NO ISP IN DA WHOLE WORLD CAN OFFER EXACT SPEEDS!!!)
so, be happy in wat ur getting, cause its far far faaar better!
i too have a 128 kbps dsl, but i get a bandwidth of hardly 10.67 kbps!
see da diff>?!?!?!

moshel

Padawan
djmykey said:
Any meter to check how much material is downloaded off the net.

I have a software called DU Meter it logs. Almost everything
How long have u been online
How much data is downloaded
How much data is Uploaded
ETc. Etc. Etc

And all the data is based on Daily, Weekly and Monthly Basis

It also has a stop watch. which u can start to see how much data is transferred within a certain period of time

*www.dumeter.com

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
futuristically_ancient said:
1 kilo byte = 10 kilo bits (approx) :wink:

dude....1 kiloByte=8 kilobits....therefore, 128/8=16kiloBytes/s...12 is pretty respectable dude....dont sweat it....or get an accelerator 2 slightly improve performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom