Ballmer Won't Dismiss Idea of Suits Against Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
According to an interview with Steve Ballmer in Forbes, Microsoft is open to the possibility of filing patent suits against Linux in the interest of their shareholders.
.....Microsoft filed more than 3000 new applications for software patents in 2005 and already owns more than 4000 patents, including many patents on fundamental, but trivial technologies, like double clicks...

source:
*www.forbes.com/home/enterprisetech/2006/03/22/ballmer-microsoft-linux-cz_df_0322microsoft.html
Now double clicking the mouse is also a patent eh?hmm...M$ is poison

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Have Steve Ballmer and Bill Gates patented their names? If not I may change my name to bill gates and start promoting linux. See how important are patents to them!
Thankfully mathematics cannot be patented or else they would have patented binary too.
System of patents is pathetic and should be abolished. Many patents are awarded to persons/companies who have never had any hand in innovation of the patent. Best examples of these are Basmati Rice and Turmeric patents awarded to companies in US.
Well I haven't read OSS licenses but hope that they have technologies patented so that companies like MS can't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom