Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

In the zone
Hi all,
My cell needs a software upgrade, using nokia 6030, how do i backup all the data stored in it (wallpapers, ringtones, msgs, address book, and various other settings), the people at nokia care don't provide any backup facility for the phones, is there any way i can get my data back into the phone after the updating is done?

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
it supports cable but its gonnal be hard to find it and you would have to buy an original piece which would cost around 1-1.5k.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
well even if the phone supports a data cable...where do v get the firmware to install except for some high end phones...

gaurav21r

Journeyman
If it supports cable why don't you download Nokia PC Suite from the nokia webpage? It's free and it has a backing up option.

If you phone could actually be connected to the comp Nokia should have given firmware in a CD along with the phone.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
actually I have been facing some problems with my phone(it gets disconnected unnecessarily every time), People at nokia care said that it's a software problem and the phone needs installation of a new software, they refused to take backup of the phone and said all the data will be lost..

I have stored lot's of wallpapers and ringtones, and moreover the address book is huge with different details like email, postal address......
that's why i want to know if there is any other way of backing up the data on my phone and then release the original one to the old backup.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Goto the 'Make Backup of Phone memory' option and all files and settings will be saved to the mmc (you do have a MMC right?). So, this way after the software has been installed, you can insert the MMC and transfer its contents back to Phone memory.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
nokia 6030 doesnt support mmc or has even IR or bluetooth....
the only option u have might have is to use gprs and transfer using tht......but tht wud be painful....

gaurav21r

Journeyman
Hmmmm...no Blutooth nor InfraRed, its gonna be extremely tough.

I guess ur only option is to send the backup file thru an MMS to another fone or smthn.

OP
Gaurav

Gaurav

In the zone
i would better leave this and get my phone serviced (software upgrade), i too think there's no option left,.... well thank you all for valuable advices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom