backup existing programes

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuj

Right off the assembly line
hello everyone
i had the pirated windows xp pro, now i to want buy a genuine one but after installation i know my present programes which are running like(mcafee virus scan,power dvd,nti cd dvd maker,dial up connection setting)will be cleared away and i have not the installation cd of the above programmes, so how to back up these programmes so that i can run them again after the genuine windows xp cd installation

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You cannot back them up like this. You will have to re-install them with the respective setup packages.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
U cannot backup the installed programs...even if u keep a backup of them,they will not work.All u can backup is the data files,the setups of the programs,music files,video files etc.

sakumar79

Technomancer
You dont need to reinstall xp to convert your pirated edition into legal edition... There is a method to do it directly... I posted a link for this a while back... Hold on a minute... Got it... The link is *xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/how_do_i_change_the_windows_xp_p.htm and the thread where it is posted is *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29498

Arun

Last edited:
usee acronics true image sever ...it will back up u al data which u select ..........if u hd a prob.reboot .and rearrange the back up data with the software......................also the softwares u want to back up are available on the net to download .....so do not worry if u loose them...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom