Backing up emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansdream

Journeyman
I use Outlook Express, and have thousands of imp mails in my inbox. I am sure, these mails are stored somewhere in C:, and I am sure too that I will have to format my C: now and then. So I wanna keep a back up of all the emails, stored in my computer thru Outlook Express. Tell me how can I do it?

Plz gimme solutions.

mediator

Technomancer
Dood this problem is unending. I mean if u'll store messeges on ur hardrive ur bound to back them up once in a while. U mentioned u use outlook so I guess u use WinXp which is prone to viruses and so are ur messeges!

The best way I can think of is to switch to Gmail......backing problem solved right away.
Neway all the email client apps must have back up option......So there must be one in outlook too.
*www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm
This might help u out!

champ_rock

champ_rock
ya just google for it... most of them are paid versions... i have used 123 outlook express backup.... it rocks... (even allows u to add a password)

OP
khansdream

khansdream

Journeyman
Yes, I did it. There is no need to use any third party s/w. Just found out the location of .dbx files at Tools>Option>Maintenance>Stored Messages and write all the files in CD.
Mediator helped me in finding the solution.
But of-course,as Mediator said, keeping backups is not a solution. But using gmail type of free email service is reliable..????

mediator

Technomancer
Yea gmail is reliable but...i dunno if they keep checking ur emails and provide CIA /FBI access to them!

krish

Journeyman
Hi,

I am using Microsoft Outlook We access to access my official mails in my ofice. Is there any method to take backup of those mails??

Krish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom