back up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey mates :)
I ve some s/w and bought it with "one use licence key"
the key is given me,acroding to code which is generated by that s.w when i installed ....

Now i am going to format my pc soon . and dont wanna to loose the keys....

so i need a s.w which can make image for all my s.w with os ... i know u suggest me acronis or norton ghost,

but i ve a question... does those (acronis or norton) images dont change the s.w hardware code? so that i dont need to get the keys again....

can ghost do the work ? i mean i dont need the keys again after reinstalling from ghost? (coz s.w generates different codes after each installation on same hardware)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
but i ve a question... does those (acronis or norton) images dont change the s.w hardware code? so that i dont need to get the keys again....

can ghost do the work ? i mean i dont need the keys again after reinstalling from ghost? (coz s.w generates different codes after each installation on same hardware)

unless you change any hardware, you will not need to activate any thing again !!!

note one thing, Format and create a drive with same drive latter and exact size and drive volume name to avoide any isssue !!!

:)

OP
almighty

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks choto cheeta
but what if i want install from that image to another pc with other hardwares'?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
almighty said:
thanks choto cheeta
but what if i want install from that image to another pc with other hardwares'?

u dont install any thing incase of Ghost or such HDD image copies :p its same as copy pasting but in advance sense as it also going to copy all Boot information to make the partition bootable...

if you do that u have said you would do, then you should get same effect as u would get when u un-plug a HDD from a config and plug it in another config :lol:

Windows may crash because of driver issue... and yes softwares which are based on Hardware ID activation will ask you to reactivate them, including windows :)

OP
almighty

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
oh ok ;)
so any other way to make back up those s.w so that i can use them on other pc
does saving the registry and reapplingt do the work>???

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
almighty said:
oh ok ;)
so any other way to make back up those s.w so that i can use them on other pc
does saving the registry and reapplingt do the work>???

certainly there is, One of the main reason of Virtualisation was what you want to do...

if you need to change hardware too often, then its better to install the software which are bounded by hardware activation to any Virual OS installation !!! it will bypass the hardware ID activation problems :) and u can carry the Virtual Image in a large portable drive from PC to Notebook or any other PC and use at any place :)

but do note, always confirm from your Software vendor whether the software you are using is allowed to install under Virtual Systems :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom