[b]Regarding Big Geforce 6600(non gt)[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverik99

Broken In
HI folks,
My name is abhijit i am new to the forum well i am planning to buy BIG - GEForce 6600 graphics cards and i have foxconn motherboards intel P IV 1.8GHz processor well when i have visited official site for this card i found a thing it says minimum 350 wt power supply needed and i have 300 wt power supply will that be a problem if i use this card or its okay it wont make any difference ple waiting for tech gurus to reply.

bye :lol: :lol:

ishaan

Padawan
no if it says it needs 350 then u shud giv it 350 or it wont work properly anything can happen.

u shudnt mess about wid power requirements it alwez spoils stuff...i had an external HDD and insted of using its adaptor one day i usd some other adaptor which fit so i thought y not ?

it fried the hard disk n i lost loadsa valuable stuff

so dont mess about wid power requirements.

d

Journeyman
Hi of course it would be better that you use a higher wattage power supply...ishaan is a bit out of context tho... :wink: otherwise the card might run slow, like at 4x or slower...because the speed depends upon the voltage at the AGP port....or your power supply might blow a fuse....worst case scenario is that...or if you use a heavy graphic application, wattage might dip and restart your computer.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
HI folks,
My name is abhijit i am new to the forum well i am planning to buy BIG - GEForce 6600 graphics cards and i have foxconn motherboards intel P IV 1.8GHz processor well when i have visited official site for this card i found a thing it says minimum 350 wt power supply needed and i have 300 wt power supply will that be a problem if i use this card or its okay it wont make any difference ple waiting for tech gurus to reply.

Well i ran a 6600GT on a 300W psu .... well the final power usage depend on the remaining components too ... considering that u have low power consumption with ur remaining components u should be able to use it on a 300W psu ... but nevertheless ... better safe than sorry ...

Also check this site for an average idea about how much power will be consumed by ur rig with the 6600 ....Power Usage Test

Incinerator

Broken In
I am in a similar position. I have 300W psu, and wishing to buy 6600 GT.

@deathvirus : any links where I can check the details of psu's > 350W, preferably 450W. Is it going to cost a bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom