Azureus halting downloads at 90+ percent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hello! :)
I use Azureus for downloading torrents. I always ensure that my ratio is 1:1 or higher. Lately, I've been facing a bit of a trouble with my downloads.
Torrents which have a high number of seeders and leechers download at a good constant speed and do not upload at all. Then, when the download is almost complete (93-96 percent), the down speed becomes zero and it starts uploading very slowly and infrequently. I've been waiting at 96.3% with a download for three days and it hasn't progressed by even a fraction. This is downright irritating. Here's a screenshot:

*www.tachypic.com/thumb/3526.jpeg

I have completed a number of huge downloads before too but this is a new problem for me. What is the solution for it, if any?
And while we are on the subject, can someone explain me the meaning of the 'Seeds', 'Peers', 'ETA' and 'Tracker Status' column?
Thank you! :)

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
aryayush said:
And while we are on the subject, can someone explain me the meaning of the 'Seeds', 'Peers', 'ETA' and 'Tracker Status' column?
Thank you! :)
Can't help with the problem cos everything seems right to me. But for your query on those terms check this link *dessent.net/btfaq/#terms
ETA is estimated time of arrival
tracker status tells whether the tracker is connectable or not in your case all are connectable.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
I too have a user of Azureus for long time now.
Did you try forced downloading?(its available when you change the mode in options to advanced)
I have noticed that this problem usally occurs when the torrent is a fake or its a bad torrent. The torrents stop downloading after 90% or more of the torrent is complete. Best way to avoid this is to check for user omments on the website from which you download or right click on the torrent and select comments to get an idea.

Refer:
Torrents stop at 99 percent
*www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Torrents_stop_at_99_percent

als2

Journeyman
dude it happen when ur port is blocked.and u have static ip

i also have problem sometime ago ,use 23 as port and if u have dial up download using that and if u have dynamic ip then there will be no problem

my problem is solved with above hope urs

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, I have bad torrents and I know it. Thanks for the help, anyway! :)

I have an Apple Mac and therefore, do not need to block or open any ports - plus I have a BSNL DataOne Broadband connection and therefore, my computer has a dynamic IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom