Azureus Configuration guide needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
i am using 64 Kbps local cable walla connection..and prefer torrents for mos tof my dwds..i am firewalled so i always get a yellow health sign in azureus..and my speeds never really exceeds 3-4 KB/s(uploads are quite higher) even though some of my frens with the same connection get 8-9 KB/s with bit spirit and bit tornado..but azureus being the most customisable..i have promised my frens that azureus can easy match up to the speeds of the other clients..if not better.i think that there is very little that can be done abt being firewalled (yellow sign) but are there ne internal adjustments that can be done..which cud give me speeds of atleast 7-8 KB/s with high no. of seeds and peers available for the particular torrent.
as far as possible pls try to give me detailed explaination as the settings are quite confusing and one can very easily end up making the wrong adjustment.

Thank you.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Your most probably getting a yellow signal since the port which is configured for Azerus cannot be reached. When you say you are firewalled is it an application firewall or a firewall provided by your cable guy ? If it is your local firewall then configure it allow access to your application on the specified port. Also change to port (or let it be assigned automatically) to something else. This should make Azerus faster. Provide more info and then we can see what can be done.

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hi there,
after posting i felt that i should have made myself more clear...well i am using zap 5.5 but it has been forwarded..but unfortunately..here it is the firewall provided by my cable guy that is causing the problem..(router???)
i have asked them many tiems to open certain ports..but they say that they cant do that..as it is inviting viruses??

pls help.

theraven

Technomancer
those guys are idiots
and they wont do anythign u ask them to
if ur ports were blocked then u wouldnt be able to download
the reason for the yellow status is that ur behind a NAT and u cannot connect directly to ur peers
thats all :D :p
nuthin afaik u can do abt a NAT problem unless ur ISP takes u off from it
btw are u using 7 star network ? :|
go kill them man
ill join u !! i swear

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
lol..no yaar..am using rajeshnet 24 hrs internet service..its available in the whole of ghatkopar area..neways i wont mind giving u a hand in cleaning a little scum from the city...;)

WORD LIFE!!!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
lol man. Who dosen't face the same problem you do? You have a better chance of convincing the makers of Azureus to use the ports of your choice than convincing your ISP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom