Awesome in-Game Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey y'all

acoording to u guys, which game has had the best in-game music ever, not cut-scenes or voice-acting, im talkin about music playing during the game, a soundtrack so to speak.....any platform will do.

Mine is Halo 2 for the XBox, it rocked soooo much and set the pace for the awesome game................................

wot about u guys????????????

vmp_vivek

In the zone
In game music for these games rocks: GTA series, Max Payne series, Hitman series, Call of Duty series, The Great Escape (game is flop, LOL!) and many more... 8) :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I would have to say Half-Life 2 and UT2004 - The adrenaline pumping music in these games is fantastic. The NFS series used to have great electronic music until Hot Pursuit 2 and I would love that but they've now shifted to more of hip-hop which I'm a fan of. The pursuit music in Most Wanted however is great orchestral music.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Half life 2 music was good but as u proceed in the game the same music feels repetative , the best music in games i remember is of Tenchu : Stealth Assasins , max Payne 1 , NFS UG , Gta Vice , Advent Rising .

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
I hate the hip-hop turn that NFS has taken since NFSU.
My favourite was the awesome rock/electronica from NFS High Stakes.

Also the thudding, muted soundtrack to Descent: Freespace and Freespace 2

Sometimes old is just plain gold.

domin8r

Journeyman
Before NFS: HP2, all the music in the NFS franchise was done by EA, in-house. It was in 2001, that EA TRAX came about and EA delved into yet another market to further its profits. In my opinion, the music from NFS: II SE and NFS: HP was some of the best work done by EA's in-house music director, Traz Damji. NFS: PU brought independent artists such as Morpheus and Cyrus and suit the genre particularly well. And as far as game music is being discussed, the radio stations in Vice City were my favourite, followed closely by GTA 3's.

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
As far as an original game soundtrack is concerned nothing beats Halo 2 for me. For a licenced soundtrack, GTA Vice City rules the roost IMO.

player2k5

Broken In
nfs underground one especially the music of the song broken promises by eliments eighty and fortress europe were kewlest others r also kewl n obviously underground 2 they both rock..=)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom