await...microsoft antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft plans to release by year's end an initial test version of a new product to protect desktops, laptops and file servers against malicious code attacks. :twisted:

The new Microsoft Client Protection product will guard against threats such as spyware, viruses and rootkits.

click *news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-5889842.html?tag=nl.e589

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
sahi hai ...

Microsoft Windows XP +
Microsoft Anti-Spyware +
Microsoft Anti-Virus +
Microsoft Windows XP Firewall +
Microsoft Internet Explorer

That'll be one hell of a combo !! :)

-----
alibi

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Vishal Gupta said:
Uffffff.
Then i'll hv to use nLite to remove that antivirus also from the XP setup :D

dont worry i dont think ms will give it for free like the xp sp 2 firewall . they will jst let u use the betas for free.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
if ms releases a antivirus you will see one big hole or flaw in the antivirus and you will have to use third party antivirus to use ms antivirus... ha ha ha ha

kato

Karthiksn
i dont think its gonna rock the foundation af any established antivirus programs its just going to be like their silly firewall.

planetcall

Indian by heart
A new virus coming

I bet ultimately the users will have to switch to other AVs because of the habitual nature of MS to create stable for horses!!! ;)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
It will be called OneCare and its beta is available to select beta testers and US users to try for free. Lucky Chaps - these US people.

They get so many things for free ranging from XBOX, PSP, iPods and Laptops. Very lucky indeed.

devil666

Broken In
well i'm not sure about that. I mean MS Antispyware is free and many ppl use that. it ranks 3rd only after spyware doctor and spysweeper(both of them are trial versions) and that isnt really bad for a free software. If ppl are looking for free alternatives MS might be it. Its too harsh to come to a judgement even before you see it. Lets wait and hope for the best.

kato

Karthiksn
devil666 said:
well i'm not sure about that. I mean MS Antispyware is free and many ppl use that. it ranks 3rd only after spyware doctor and spysweeper(both of them are trial versions) and that isnt really bad for a free software. If ppl are looking for free alternatives MS might be it. Its too harsh to come to a judgement even before you see it. Lets wait and hope for the best.

All the users here have used MS products and everyone is very sure wats MS has in his hand. Its going to be another total waste of a product and if its free then it will be included with Vista and will be given for XP in SP 3 or sumthing. And like agent smith and konqueror said it will need hundreds and hundreds of patches to run properly.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Well that won't be that Good then!!
Should use another AntiVirus concurrently!!
Add another 512 MB RAM!!!
Surely the old Systems need an upgrade!!
Of late Microsoft is following Google closely.
So one day everything including films can be watched
at a e-Theatre near you.

jay4u

In the zone
wow... i dont mind having it... after all ms antispyware from microsoft was a great sucess.....

also i believe that ms is not making this from ground up but using some already tested methodologies and then implement it.....

by the way why the forum user is so fussy about ms's security bugs.... have of u dont use original windows xp... just think ms is a single company which has brought the ease of use of computing to the household.... else i think we would still be stuck up with a desktop which would have use remember a 100 different words to get started..... Linux is tested and developed by the whole world and still it cannot catch up with the ease of use and universal applicability of windows.... and any software writtern will contain bugs.... the only reason windos face such problem is because they are used most often.....

i appriciate how fast the company is churning out its products..... and many of them are innovative.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom